E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Vice: Gun Crazy USA (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=968818)

Stankia 01-31-2013 11:56 PM

Vice: Gun Crazy USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KNZO30lPGm4

NFRs2000nyc 02-01-2013 01:00 AM

Vice just isn't as good without Shane Smith. The video was decently done, although when talking about the US, seems odd they only did Florida.

kaput 02-01-2013 08:20 AM

Well put together, but the guy is an uneducated, naive person diving into a world he does not know.

He shuddered at the thought of how accurate a 14 year old kid could be behind an AR-15? WTF was that about?

He clearly has no idea of the legal side of things from contracts to gun laws, and took it upon himself to try and hang with everyone else. He googled a few laws, and stats and put a video together. Good for him, I just hope this message he is sending doesn't spread too far.

JonJon 02-01-2013 08:47 AM

Oh no.... two private individuals conducting themselves in the private sale of an item in a public parking lot....

Soooooo shady..... :yikes: :lmao:

Make it illegal and guess what happens? Criminals will still do it, yet honest citizens will not be able to

Black///M 02-01-2013 11:04 AM

At 20:29, did anyone noticed the two Montanas in the U.S.? When I do a private sale I use a bill of sale from the info on the drivers license to cover my a55.

badfast 02-01-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 15118723)
Oh no.... two private individuals conducting themselves in the private sale of an item in a public parking lot....

Soooooo shady..... :yikes: :lmao:

Make it illegal and guess what happens? Criminals will still do it, yet honest citizens will not be able to

So a "law abiding" citizen conducts a private sell to a convicted felon. No problems there?

NOVAbimmer 02-01-2013 11:21 AM

How do I know if you've committed a felony?

I could easily sell my car to someone with a revoked license. Not my issue.

NFRs2000nyc 02-01-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15119118)
So a "law abiding" citizen conducts a private sell to a convicted felon. No problems there?

Are you therefore suggesting that if a law abiding citizen will not sell to a felon, the felon will not be able to procure a firearm?

badfast 02-01-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 15119141)
How do I know if you've committed a felony?

I could easily sell my car to someone with a revoked license. Not my issue.

dude...**** with the stupid car bs. A person with a revoked license can own a car. A felon can't own a gun.

Glad to know that you are willing to be an enabler.

NFRs2000nyc 02-01-2013 11:24 AM

The point is enforce the law on the books. The responsibility is on the buyer. If you are not allowed to own a firearm, and buy one, 15 year minimum sentence. Pretty simple.

NOVAbimmer 02-01-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15119145)
dude...**** with the stupid car bs. A person with a revoked license can own a car. A felon can't own a gun.

Glad to know that you are willing to be an enabler.

Glad you're willing to revoke my right to sell private property.

What if the felon has learned his lesson and has been rehabilitated by the justice system? Isn't that the point?

badfast 02-01-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc (Post 15119147)
The point is enforce the law on the books. The responsibility is on the buyer. If you are not allowed to own a firearm, and buy one, 15 year minimum sentence. Pretty simple.

You are more a reactive person than a proactive. Let a felon buy a gun from a private citizen use that gun to shoot someone and then deal with the crime. Got it.

JonJon 02-01-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15119118)

Your question conflicts itself. If a person KNOWINGLY sells a gun to a prohibited person, that person commits a crime. They are not law-abiding.
There is ALREADY a law for that

If they aren't aware the person is a prohibited person, no crime is committed by the seller

I fail to see a problem. Felon or not... once I sell a gun, knife, piece of paper to a person, what THEY do with it is NONE of my responsibility anymore than the
clerk at home depot selling someone a roll of duct tape and they go on to kidnap someone with it.

PERSONAL accountability. Geez. what a concept

badfast 02-01-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 15119214)
Your question conflicts itself. If a person KNOWINGLY sells a gun to a prohibited person, that person commits a crime. They are not law-abiding.

If they aren't aware the person is a prohibited person, no crime is committed by the seller

I fail to see a problem. Felon or not... once I sell a gun, knife, piece of paper to a person, what THEY do with it is NONE of my responsibility anymore than the
clerk at home depot selling someone a roll of duct tape and they go on to kidnap someone with it.

PERSONAL accountability. Geez. what a concept

How do you know who you are selling it to? That is part of the point. I suppose you can ask, right? Criminals commit crimes they don't lie.

You are right personal accountability. You should do the responsible thing and know who you sell your sh1t to.

NOVAbimmer 02-01-2013 11:49 AM

Maybe we should brand a big "F" on the foreheads of all felons. Background checks no longer needed!

NFRs2000nyc 02-01-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15119156)
You are more a reactive person than a proactive. Let a felon buy a gun from a private citizen use that gun to shoot someone and then deal with the crime. Got it.

Actually our entire gun law system is reactive. Proactive laws would be like pre-crime in minority report. Like I said, it is already against the law for a felon to possess a firearm. Generally speaking though, felons dont usually obey these laws.

I will agree with you on one thing....with one catch....the government should provide a service where a private person CAN check up on someone if they wish, and that check is 100% free. Basically, a NICS check that is free that any private person CAN (not MUST) call in, and verify some info. I would have no problem with this.

badfast 02-01-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 15119226)
Maybe we should brand a big "F" on the foreheads of all felons. Background checks no longer needed!

Why not? People have called for databases against people with mental illnesses. Stigmatize one group of people what's wrong with stigmatizing another?

badfast 02-01-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc (Post 15119237)
Actually our entire gun law system is reactive. Proactive laws would be like pre-crime in minority report. Like I said, it is already against the law for a felon to possess a firearm. Generally speaking though, felons dont usually obey these laws.

You're stupid. Go back to watching your B rated movies. You are an individual not worth discussing anything with. Because you do the same thing, sit there with your eyes crossed and your tongue stuck to a window.

NFRs2000nyc 02-01-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15119244)
You're stupid. Go back to watching your B rated movies. You are an individual not worth discussing anything with. Because you do the same thing, sit there with your eyes crossed and your tongue stuck to a window.

It's hard to discuss something when so many jimmies are rustled. Maybe if you knew anything about firearms, or law, we can have something goin here...

badfast 02-01-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc (Post 15119279)
It's hard to discuss something when so many jimmies are rustled. Maybe if you knew anything about firearms, or law, we can have something goin here...

:lmao: you are the most frivolous person here.