E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   can people get over the labels of "liberal" and "republican"? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969062)

B_Cyrus 02-02-2013 05:18 PM

can people get over the labels of "liberal" and "republican"?
 
Will Americans ever get over the ideas that a two party system doesn't actually work?

AmazingNutz 02-02-2013 05:21 PM

Cool story, bro.

Sent from my G6

CRZY BMW 02-02-2013 05:27 PM

Communist!

kushy 02-02-2013 05:28 PM

you haven't texted me back you dirty whore you

mkodama 02-02-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Cyrus (Post 15123042)
Will Americans ever get over the ideas that a two party system doesn't actually work?

It works perfectly; it separates the the hippies from the KKK. You talk about the names like if changing them will change anything else.

yousharenow 02-02-2013 05:38 PM

thats racist

Sentaruu 02-02-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Cyrus (Post 15123042)
Will Americans ever get over the ideas that a two party system doesn't actually work?

of course it doesnt, anyone who politically labels themselves anything is obviously an idiot

5ynd1cat3 02-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkodama (Post 15123083)
It works perfectly; it separates the the hippies from the KKK. You talk about the names like if changing them will change anything else.

Which are the hippies and which are the kkk?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

pancakes 02-02-2013 06:21 PM

The Libertarian party is looking more and more appealing

joeski3d 02-02-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancakes (Post 15123224)
The Libertarian party is looking more and more appealing

Why paint yourself into a labeled corner? Support the ideas that make sense to you no matter who they come from. Or, better yet, propose ideas and try to garner support for them.

Lair 02-02-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancakes (Post 15123224)
The Libertarian party is looking more and more appealing

BYOT


(Bring Your own Toupee)

http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/u...and_paul3.jpeg

Grande D 02-02-2013 06:34 PM

Systems with more than two parties present different problems.

pancakes 02-02-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeski3d (Post 15123243)
Why paint yourself into a labeled corner? Support the ideas that make sense to you no matter who they come from. Or, better yet, propose ideas and try to garner support for them.

labels aren't necessarily bad... letting labels dictate your beliefs is. I'm liking the libertarian party because a lot of their platforms coincide with what I believe.

joeski3d 02-02-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancakes (Post 15123283)
labels aren't necessarily bad... letting labels dictate your beliefs is. I'm liking the libertarian party because a lot of their platforms coincide with what I believe.

I have yet to find any party that claims a lion's share of what I believe to be the right mindset.

nardog 02-02-2013 06:46 PM

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/...-your-food.gif

Top_Bunk 02-02-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeski3d (Post 15123243)
Why paint yourself into a labeled corner? Support the ideas that make sense to you no matter who they come from. Or, better yet, propose ideas and try to garner support for them.

Bingo.

Unfortunately, one-sided views garner votes while reality quietly sits somewhere in the middle.

The libertarian party most closely matches my views, but I don't base my vote solely on the candidate's party. Base your vote on logic.

Sentaruu 02-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top_Bunk (Post 15123349)
Base your vote on logic.


:rofl: logic

pancakes 02-02-2013 07:12 PM

next time someone asks me what I am, I'm gonna be like "**** YOUR LABELS, I'm a pancake-atarian"

Fisch330ciTopasBlau 02-02-2013 07:19 PM

I would delete Republican and replace it with Conservative from your post if you're going to use Liberal for the Democrat side.

I was pretty much a moderate growing up. I like issues on both sides of the political spectrum, but too bad the moderates usually get drowned out by the what I saw as the fringe elements (Liberal-Progressives & Religious-Conservatives) which now have grown to dictate most of the policies being made.

Both Parties sicken me with their B.S and for the last decade or so have voted Libertarian.

Sentaruu 02-02-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancakes (Post 15123362)
next time someone asks me what I am, I'm gonna be like "**** YOUR LABELS, I'm a pancake-atarian"

and i would take you more seriously than if you told me u were conservative or liberal


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use