E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Neighbor just punched my car (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969188)

Fatal_Image 02-03-2013 03:36 PM

Neighbor just punched my car

So i was visiting my moms house today and I visit her at least once every 2 weeks but on certain occasions sometimes more. Leaving the neighborhood, some redneck looking guy wearing a ravens jersey starts walking into the middle of the suburban neighborhood street (not a main road) . So at first thought, I didnt think too much of this guy at all and proceeded to drive. he gets closer and closer, does not make any hand/wave motion and keeps his arms at his waist side, nor does he say anything. Going at around 12mph he walks up to the very side of my driver door as im passing him and im thinking to myself, he is just doing one of those arrogant keep-on-walking the road to-barley-miss the rear end of the car, kind of pass. the second i fully pass him, he punches my rear windshield and ended up putting a small hairline crack at the top.

So details on my car, 330i zhp, rouge engineering exhaust. Its really not that loud of an exhaust. Background on myself, 7 years of driving and zero speeding tickets, zero accidents, not a day of wreckless driving.

Anyway, i slam on my breaks and roll my window down only to yell at this guy by asking him wtf his wrong with him. he yells back while walking towards my driver side window, saying i have an illegal exhaust. This is the continuing convo:

me - so you decide to hit my car because of that???
him - Youve been going up and down this neighborhood with that illegal exhaust all the time! (which is not true), i was trying to get you to stop but you almost ran me over, you know that!
me - well what kind of idiot walks in front of a car because of an exhaust?!
him - you know have to yield to pedestrians, you know that right!?
me- well youre an idiot for purposely walking so close to my car like that
him - (mumbling) well you have to yield to idiot-pedestrians
me- well i'll make sure i'll yield to idiot pedestrians like you next time...
him- great then, i have your tags so im going to report you to the police
me- go right ahead and do that (i didnt really care for his threat)
him - okay fine! (looking confused)
---I then immediately drove off irritated.

Basically would like to know who is at fault here?? even if my exhaust is illegal, can anything be done from a report? (if he actually does go thru with a phone call report) I dont care about reporting him as i dont want to waste the energy, time or if need be, any money, but im pissed he actually put a hairline crack in the rear windshield.

So im left with having to possibly hear him bitch again the next time i visit my mom or, I encounter him calling the police on me before i can leave the neighborhood. I really dont want to deal with this guy again but from the looks of it, i may have to put my stock exhaust back on, which i really do not want to, or feel like doing. Any advice appreciated.

choxor 02-03-2013 03:40 PM

Call the cops.

Fatal_Image 02-03-2013 03:43 PM

i kind of dont want to avoid that drama if i can. Plus dont want to risk having to present my exhaust, if it is even illegal

Kwando 02-03-2013 03:44 PM

Why didn't you call the cops?

Grande D 02-03-2013 03:46 PM

Do you have any bumper stickers or indications of your positions on contemporary tragedies/conspiracies on your car?

Because if you do, I'm not surprised.

kuksul08 02-03-2013 03:46 PM

I think the next logical step is to get a sample of this guy's harder-than-glass knuckles

AfghanScarface 02-03-2013 03:51 PM

You have more control than me. I would have took a hammer to his face.

But then again I hate that redneck self-righteous type of white people with a burning passion.

TiAg2247 02-03-2013 03:55 PM

That's called vandalism. You should've called the police right away. And lets get this straight, you are running scared because you think your exhaust is illegal (which I HIGHLY doubt it is), when some asshat clearly caused damage to your property setting you back with an expense?! And you're pissed about all this yet unwilling to do anything about it?

Either man up and call the police on this guy, or don't whine about it.

peytonracer4 02-03-2013 03:59 PM

it's really stupid of you to not call the police. nice one

Fatal_Image 02-03-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhp43867 (Post 15125564)
Do you have any bumper stickers or indications of your positions on contemporary tragedies/conspiracies on your car?

Because if you do, I'm not surprised.

Yeah i have one bumper sticker on the back it says: 'zhp43867 is gay'.So youre right it is a provoking conspiracy since i think its true but you will say its false. But i doubt thats what pissed him off.

Anyway its a very small hairline crack at the top left corner. He litteraly flung his fist and weight into it as i slowly drove past him.

chinx 02-03-2013 04:01 PM

I would have made him pay for it, and kick his ass for being ignorant.

Sentaruu 02-03-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAg2247 (Post 15125585)
That's called vandalism. You should've called the police right away. And lets get this straight, you are running scared because you think your exhaust is illegal (which I HIGHLY doubt it is), when some asshat clearly caused damage to your property setting you back with an expense?! And you're pissed about all this yet unwilling to do anything about it?

/thread

dmax 02-03-2013 04:02 PM

It's vandalism at the least; assault probably too.

I understand you want to minimize issues on your subsequent trips. I'd also doubt that your exhaust is illegal, but maybe it is...still, that's a bit different than actually vandalizing your car. A crack in a windshield is pricey(ish) to fix.

I think I would have told him that "I'll call the police if you don't." Probably too late now, although if you know who he is, might be worth filing a report anyway, just in case there's an issue between him and your car next time you visit.

Guy sounds like an idiot, though, so just watch out.

BoogetyBoogety 02-03-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAg2247 (Post 15125585)

This. What the hell is wrong with people? Some asshat damages the OP's property... (number 1) and then the OP doesn't call the cops on him? (number 2) :facepalm:

And OP decides to make a thread about it? Sheeeesh... The world at large is getting too damn pansified... :rolleyes:

badfast 02-03-2013 04:05 PM

One side of the story.

You should have shot him.

Wraisil 02-03-2013 04:09 PM

This is why I carry a phone to report crimes like people intentionally damaging my car...

Grande D 02-03-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal_Image (Post 15125600)
Yeah i have one bumper sticker on the back it says: 'zhp43867 is gay'.So youre right it is a provoking conspiracy since i think its true but you will say its false. But i doubt thats what pissed him off.

Anyway its a very small hairline crack at the top left corner. He litteraly flung his fist and weight into it as i slowly drove past him.

Clever. Based on what I have seen from your posts in certain threads, I was being totally serious.

While I would never damage someones properties as this guy did, I'm fairly certain that you deserved it.

Have fun with the repair bill. :thumbsup:

AmazingNutz 02-03-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15125615)
One side of the story.

You should have shot him.

+1

Apparently he lives around the neighborhood and knows where u live. Should have shot him so he doesn't go and harm your fam later.
Next time someone punches your car you punch him back. Your car is your btch, no one violates your btch. I wonder what you would do if it was your gf that he punched..

Sent from my G6

Snik 02-03-2013 04:16 PM

Vandalism. period. Why u don't want to call the cops is beyond me.
Honestly, not calling them is about as dumb as what he did.

2000beamer 02-03-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazingNutz (Post 15125635)
+1

Apparently he lives around the neighborhood and knows where u live. Should have shot him so he doesn't go and harm your fam later.
Next time someone punches your car you punch him back. Your car is your btch, no one violates your btch. I wonder what you would do if it was your gf that he punched..

Sent from my G6

This^