E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Saad/ProEFI Customer Service (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969443)

ST06M3 02-04-2013 09:36 PM

Saad/ProEFI Customer Service

I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Thanks again Saad (Jim and Saad) and ProEFI (Jason) for the support!

James @ Saad Racing 02-04-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST06M3 (Post 15130071)
I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Your welcome Jim

MarcusLSB 02-04-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST06M3 (Post 15130071)

Glad to hear it! Was wondering where you'd been! You should bring it to the Coalinga Airstrip, its WAAAAAY better than the Tronga airstrip you came to last year.

Commanderwiggin 02-04-2013 10:55 PM

Great to hear about your experience Jim!

ST06M3 02-05-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusLSB (Post 15130236)
Glad to hear it! Was wondering where you'd been! You should bring it to the Coalinga Airstrip, its WAAAAAY better than the Tronga airstrip you came to last year.

Thanks Marcus. Drew is collecting names and has put mine in....lol. I am hoping that either Saad and/or Jason goes too so we can caravan out there. Trying to locate a good set of rear 18s to fit some drag radials.

ST06M3 02-05-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin (Post 15130320)
Great to hear about your experience Jim!

Thanks!

Saad @ Saad Racing 02-05-2013 12:23 PM

Jim is a great guy and its our pleasure to help him out any time we can. I'm absolutely in love with his car, great color combination and looks like brand new!

E85head 02-05-2013 12:53 PM

:thumbup:

Vert-igo 03-02-2014 02:26 PM

Hate to bump an old thread, but I am happy to read good things about this company. I have been working with James at Saad Racing for the past month or so in preparation for my Stage 3 6766 BB E46 M3 kit. I am pretty impressed with James and imagine Saad is great as well.

Won't be long before I strap the car onto a trailer and head to AZ to let Saad build my motor.

1000 WHP here I come!

dallasberry 03-02-2014 02:55 PM

Oh Boy!

Vert-igo 03-02-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasberry (Post 16032834)
Oh Boy!

Thanks! I actually want to put down a little more HP. I am going to keep my dual bottle NX nitrous system and add the Saad DP bungs. Should be one sick convertible!

Nice to see a fellow Albertan with a big power M3. I am originally from a little town called Lacombe... About 40 mins away from Edmonton.

dallasberry 03-02-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleblackrag (Post 16032840)
Thanks! I actually want to put down a little more HP. I am going to keep my dual bottle NX nitrous system and add the Saad DP bungs. Should be one sick convertible!

Nice to see a fellow Albertan with a big power M3. I am originally from a little town called Lacombe... About 40 mins away from Edmonton.

I know where it is :)

Make sure you are really specific with the parts used in your car so that you get what you need to support the power you are going to be making.

Vert-igo 03-02-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasberry (Post 16032872)
I know where it is :)

Make sure you are really specific with the parts used in your car so that you get what you need to support the power you are going to be making.

Lol. Lacombe is a horrible place!

My plan right now is to go with billet mains & 10.5:1 compression. I will only run E85, but will turn the power way down for the track. I have all the supporting power mods, ( 4" cat back, ProEFI , Stage 2 flex fuel, HO Saad Ignition etc.) just need the forged motor and drive train upgrades.

MarcusLSB 03-06-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleblackrag (Post 16032892)

My plan right now is to go with billet mains & 10.5:1 compression. I will only run E85, but will turn the power way down for the track. I have all the supporting power mods, ( 4" cat back, ProEFI , Stage 2 flex fuel, HO Saad Ignition etc.) just need the forged motor and drive train upgrades.

Should be a fun build!

Vert-igo 03-06-2014 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusLSB (Post 16039012)
Should be a fun build!

Thanks Marcus! I have been trying to catch up on threads you have been involved in, as you have been running big power for a long time. I noticed you are not chasing extreme WHP numbers anymore. Therefore, I have to ask from your experience - what is too much? At what point does the car become too powerful that it negates the fun factor?

lrinco01 03-07-2014 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleblackrag (Post 16032892)

Awesome news!

Where in the DFW are you in?

Do you have a timeline? Like when will your M3 arrive n be completed/tested by Saad n returned to you?

Vert-igo 03-07-2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrinco01 (Post 16040889)
Awesome news!

Where in the DFW are you in?

Do you have a timeline? Like when will your M3 arrive n be completed/tested by Saad n returned to you?

Fort Worth.

The first thing I want to do is install the ProEFI, Saad fuel system, ignition & 4" catback to see if I can crack 600 whp with my AA renegade SC on E85. After that the turbo will go on for a little low boost testing. It is going to be later in the year before I can take time off and head to AZ.

My Kevlar Status Racing seats are going to get strapped down to the VAC mounts next week, then I can finally get rid of the ridiculously heavy convertible seats and install the schroth harnesses. I am actually quite excited about that.

lrinco01 03-08-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleblackrag (Post 16040934)
Fort Worth.

The first thing I want to do is install the ProEFI, Saad fuel system, ignition & 4" catback to see if I can crack 600 whp with my AA renegade SC on E85. After that the turbo will go on for a little low boost testing. It is going to be later in the year before I can take time off and head to AZ.

My Kevlar Status Racing seats are going to get strapped down to the VAC mounts next week, then I can finally get rid of the ridiculously heavy convertible seats and install the schroth harnesses. I am actually quite excited about that.

Awesome,

I just relocated to Arlington/Mansfield so were neighbors :thumbup:

Good luck squeezing 600rwhp out of a the SC kit your running w/o building your motor.

pm me your contact info if you don't mind staying in touch.

I'm currently in Afghanistan and will not be back until May but we can chat it up until i land and meet for lunch n talk Boost :clap:

-Rico

Vert-igo 03-08-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrinco01 (Post 16042301)
Awesome,

I just relocated to Arlington/Mansfield so were neighbors :thumbup:

Good luck squeezing 600rwhp out of a the SC kit your running w/o building your motor.

pm me your contact info if you don't mind staying in touch.

I'm currently in Afghanistan and will not be back until May but we can chat it up until i land and meet for lunch n talk Boost :clap:

-Rico

That's cool that you live close. Do you ever go to MSR in Cresson or the Lonestar BMWCCA autocross events? We can certainly get together and BS about our cars.

I am pretty confident about pulling great numbers out of my SC. It was around 560 whp through an OEM sec.2 and Dinan muffler with 110 octane and water / meth. It might not hit 600 but it may be close on E85 and improved exhaust flow. The car is tuned for 100 octane right now.

lrinco01 03-08-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleblackrag (Post 16042395)
That's cool that you live close. Do you ever go to MSR in Cresson or the Lonestar BMWCCA autocross events? We can certainly get together and BS about our cars.

I am pretty confident about pulling great numbers out of my SC. It was around 560 whp through an OEM sec.2 and Dinan muffler with 110 octane and water / meth. It might not hit 600 but it may be close on E85 and improved exhaust flow. The car is tuned for 100 octane right now.

Kool, Yes I have been to both.

The Last Lonestar BMWCCA event i participated in was the Movie screening up in Wylie Last October.. didn't have much fun but my kids enjoyed there movie ;-)

Mark was really cool and was the Only person that socialized with me but thast another story....lol

Speaking on your goals or plans, what i did not see you mention was Injectors..

by only improving the exhaust flow and switching to E85 you will be doing yourself a disservice if your Injectors are not upgraded as well to make up the 30% flow difference between Ethanol and High-Octane fuels like unleaded 93 and leaded VP110. throw Bigger injectors in the mix and then i can see your SC getting really close to 600 on a stock motor. IMO

i may not be explaining it correctly but Jason, Saad, Marcus, dallas, kenton, jesse or a number of other smarter cats will chime in and clean up what i'm trying to say.

i am going a similar route but im not ready to build my motor just yet.:evil:

AEM infinity-8, Flex fuel tune, Radium goodies and thats it for 2014 remaining on my stock block.