E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Winter wheels (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969643)

acerboca 02-05-2013 09:19 PM

Winter wheels
 
I am currently in talks to buy a set of winter wheels for my 01 330i, the guy is selling beyern 5 spoke wheels 17x8 but staggered width for a 06 m3, will these work for my 2254517 blizzaks. Thank you in advance for your time

Gary@Tirerack 02-06-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acerboca (Post 15133502)
I am currently in talks to buy a set of winter wheels for my 01 330i, the guy is selling beyern 5 spoke wheels 17x8 but staggered width for a 06 m3, will these work for my 2254517 blizzaks. Thank you in advance for your time

Probably not, but if you post the actual width and offset of the wheels, we can let you know.

acerboca 02-06-2013 07:59 AM

Gary, thank you for the reply, that is the problem though he does not know the offsets other than they are for an 06 m3

Gary@Tirerack 02-06-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acerboca (Post 15134526)
Gary, thank you for the reply, that is the problem though he does not know the offsets other than they are for an 06 m3

The size and offset is stamped on the back of the wheels. If he really wants to sell them, he'll get them for you. Most buyers will want to know this information.

acerboca 02-06-2013 10:37 AM

Gary thank you for the clarification just found out the offset front is 15mm and the rear is 40mm. The wheel are 17x8. I'm not opposed to using spacers just want to make sure they will clear and not rub horribly

Gary@Tirerack 02-06-2013 11:09 AM

He must mean 15mm rear as the M3 has a lower rear offset. The 40mm offset wheels should work with no problem. I would be a bit concerned with rubbing on the 15mm offset version, but if you're able to keep those in the rear there is a chance it would fit without rubbing with 225/45R17. Spacers would push them out further and make rubbing worse.

acerboca 02-06-2013 11:26 AM

For the price I think I may give them a try, thank you for your time and insight, also thanks for the great service always with tire rack

VMRWheels 02-06-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary@Tirerack (Post 15135026)
He must mean 15mm rear as the M3 has a lower rear offset. The 40mm offset wheels should work with no problem. I would be a bit concerned with rubbing on the 15mm offset version, but if you're able to keep those in the rear there is a chance it would fit without rubbing with 225/45R17. Spacers would push them out further and make rubbing worse.

Agreed.

Be weary of that rear offset.

acerboca 02-06-2013 11:53 AM

Will the rears with 15mm back spacing defiantly run if I am lowered on h and r sport springs? Thanks again for all of the help

VMRWheels 02-06-2013 12:32 PM

It's hard to say for sure if you will rub or not. We don't recommend specs that aggressive, and your car is lowered, so there's a chance it could rub under compression for sure.

2003 325i 02-06-2013 04:19 PM

I'd be willing to guess that under compression it will rub for sure in the back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use