E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Southwest (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Indy shop in Dallas area (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969773)

Raymond42262 02-06-2013 03:23 PM

Indy shop in Dallas area
 
I think I need a new head gasket on my E46.

The repair is beyond my level of expertise, especially if the head needs to be reground.

I emailed Autobahn BMW and they said it would be 3770, minimum.

Are there any indy shops in the Dallas area (Irving, HEB, ) that have a good reputation for working on our cars and can do it for less the the dealer ?

Many thanks.

Raymond

mpoweredavus 02-06-2013 04:25 PM

If you want dealer quality for less, call Eurosport Automotive in Plano. But if budget is your number 1 concern, Clownshoe Motorsports in Dallas should be able to help you out.

Raymond42262 02-06-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoweredavus (Post 15136368)
If you want dealer quality for less, call Eurosport Automotive in Plano. But if budget is your number 1 concern, Clownshoe Motorsports in Dallas should be able to help you out.

Hmm, what does that mean .......budget is my concern............I just want the job done right the first time.

Does that mean they use stolen parts or illegal aliens or sell drugs on the side ?

I am not concerned with how their waiting room looks or how clean their bathroom is.

I'd do it myself but when I got to the part about using a special tool to insert in the engine to keep the cylinders lined up and the possibility of grinding the cylinders I surrendered.

But I will call both of them tomorrow.

Thanks

MCM97 02-09-2013 01:27 AM

Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas. Ask for Jeff. Mpowered is just butthurt over some forum beef from like 5 years ago he holds onto like herpes. Jeffs prices are more than fair and his work is quality. He's worked on my e36 M3, X5 and e28 and stands behind his work. I've sent friends and family to him and he has a loyal, mature customer base.

FYI Eurosport diagnosed my 911 with weak lifters in 2008 when the engine suffered a total IMS failure so take that for what its worth.

robj213 02-09-2013 01:32 PM

Try E.C. European Auto Repair, (817) 292-1449. They are not in the Dallas area but in Ft Worth. They are a tiny family shop that specialize in BMW & Mercedes. I have been using them for 6 years now for repairs that I can't do myself. They are not familiar with performance products, but are EXCELLENT for repairs. They have always done the repairs right the first time.

Also as an FYI - they have no waiting area, so be prepared to have a ride home if you use them.

Blueandwhite85 02-09-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj213 (Post 15145885)
Try E.C. European Auto Repair, (817) 292-1449. They are not in the Dallas area but in Ft Worth. They are a tiny family shop that specialize in BMW & Mercedes. I have been using them for 6 years now for repairs that I can't do myself. They are not familiar with performance products, but are EXCELLENT for repairs. They have always done the repairs right the first time.

Also as an FYI - they have no waiting area, so be prepared to have a ride home if you use them.

I live on the west side of Fort Worth and drive by that place all the time. Never been but always wondered how they were. But then again my car hasn't been into a shop for anything other than tires/alignment or the hood respray. How's pricing?

robj213 02-09-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 (Post 15145998)
I live on the west side of Fort Worth and drive by that place all the time. Never been but always wondered how they were. But then again my car hasn't been into a shop for anything other than tires/alignment or the hood respray. How's pricing?

For the few times that I compared their price quotes with the dealership - they are about half of what the dealer quoted. I would definitely recommend them for repairs! But if you are wanting performance items installed, I would go to Texas Track Works.

I am in the Benbrook area :hi:

BigDRick323 02-09-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoweredavus (Post 15136368)
If you want dealer quality for less, call Eurosport Automotive in Plano. But if budget is your number 1 concern, Clownshoe Motorsports in Dallas should be able to help you out.

Clownshoe is a great deal and also check out Bimmian Motor Werks, or just call Elliot's_BMW

Blueandwhite85 02-09-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj213 (Post 15146175)
For the few times that I compared their price quotes with the dealership - they are about half of what the dealer quoted. I would definitely recommend them for repairs! But if you are wanting performance items installed, I would go to Texas Track Works.

I am in the Benbrook area :hi:

I've met Forrest over at Texas Track Works. got any pics of your car?

mpoweredavus 02-10-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM97 (Post 15145227)
Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas. Ask for Jeff. Mpowered is just butthurt over some forum beef from like 5 years ago he holds onto like herpes. Jeffs prices are more than fair and his work is quality. He's worked on my e36 M3, X5 and e28 and stands behind his work. I've sent friends and family to him and he has a loyal, mature customer base.

FYI Eurosport diagnosed my 911 with weak lifters in 2008 when the engine suffered a total IMS failure so take that for what its worth.

Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas? Yeah, maybe if you want clowns to work on your car.

Why don't you enlighten folks into your insurance fraud you pulled with your 911 while it was at Eurosport? What was is again? You ran over something that cause that engine to go boom?:rolleyes:

Clownshoe is cheap if you want cheap labor. If you want quality work performed by BMW certified mechanics and not spend the dealer price tag - Clownshoe Motorsports is NOT the place to take your bimmer to.

mpoweredavus 02-10-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDRick323 (Post 15146197)
Clownshoe is a great deal and also check out Bimmian Motor Werks, or just call Elliot's_BMW

I'm not going to argue that its a great deal. Being a one-man show and working 70 hours/week on customers cars - there is a reason for it.

robj213 02-10-2013 10:50 PM

[QUOTE=Blueandwhite85;15146202]I've met Forrest over at Texas Track Works. got any pics of your car?[/QUOTE

Forrest actually installed my Bilsteins for me. :thumbsup: I had my RTABs installed by them as well.

I actually don't right now... computer recently died and lost all data on my hard drives.. will have to snap a quick one on cell phone if I want a pic. But my car is black on black with window tints and black front grille with everything else stock... including the brake dust covered wheels!

UTenigma 02-15-2013 09:46 AM

If you're up for a drive, you should really call Joe at Joe's Autobarn. He's an independent BMW master tech, trained in Germany and has taken care of my '01 330 for at least 8 years now. His shop is right next to his house out in Farmersville, it's a bit of a drive but totally worth it. I trust Joe completely with my car - honestly if it wasn't for Joe I would have gotten rid of my car and gotten something new a long time ago and because of Joe I will only buy BMW's from now on. joesautobarn.net - my car's actually in one of the pictures on his website, the blue 330 on the Location page.

Make sure you call - he's appointment only

Check out other owner reviews on bimmershops http://www.bimmershops.com/texas/joes-auto-barn#xzeb

Blueandwhite85 02-15-2013 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=robj213;15149363]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 (Post 15146202)
I've met Forrest over at Texas Track Works. got any pics of your car?[/QUOTE

Forrest actually installed my Bilsteins for me. :thumbsup: I had my RTABs installed by them as well.

I actually don't right now... computer recently died and lost all data on my hard drives.. will have to snap a quick one on cell phone if I want a pic. But my car is black on black with window tints and black front grille with everything else stock... including the brake dust covered wheels!

Right on. I'd love to see it

MCM97 02-17-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoweredavus (Post 15148784)
Clownshoe is the way to go in Dallas? Yeah, maybe if you want clowns to work on your car.

Why don't you enlighten folks into your insurance fraud you pulled with your 911 while it was at Eurosport? What was is again? You ran over something that cause that engine to go boom?:rolleyes:

Clownshoe is cheap if you want cheap labor. If you want quality work performed by BMW certified mechanics and not spend the dealer price tag - Clownshoe Motorsports is NOT the place to take your bimmer to.

Care to enlighten me about that? I paid $12,800 cash out of pocket for a new engine so not sure what you're talking about.

Can you tell us the last time you had work done at Clownshoemotorsports or is all this running your mouth just bitterness because no one likes you?

mpoweredavus 02-18-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM97 (Post 15172169)
Care to enlighten me about that? I paid $12,800 cash out of pocket for a new engine so not sure what you're talking about.

Can you tell us the last time you had work done at Clownshoemotorsports or is all this running your mouth just bitterness because no one likes you?

Sorry your fraud scheme didn't work out as planned...

I get my car serviced by real mechanics that know what they're doing, not hobbyist clowns.

MCM97 02-18-2013 01:17 PM

So you have no backing of this alleged fraud and you havent been to Clownshoe. Sounds like youre shooting your mouth off again with nothing to back it up. Rinse, repeat

mpoweredavus 02-18-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM97 (Post 15173552)
So you have no backing of this alleged fraud and you havent been to Clownshoe. Sounds like youre shooting your mouth off again with nothing to back it up. Rinse, repeat

Nope, unlike you I don't keep detailed tabs on people, but I'm sure few forum members along with few folks that were involved with that car could attest to it. Insurance estimators were not sent to Eurosport for no reason, right? Or am I wrong again? I'm probably wrong.

MCM97 02-18-2013 02:11 PM

After those brainiacs at Eurosport wasted $4000 on lifts their insurance people looked at the car to try to cover their ass. End result someone - not me or my insurance - covere dthat **** up.
Between you and Raza Im concerned about your obsession with me. I know you dont have a lot going on but maybe you can find a hobby. Seriously, im concerned Ed.

jpage101 03-22-2013 05:50 PM

http://www.bimmermotorwerks.net/

These guys do great work, very reasonably priced. Started by former BMW Techs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use