E46 Convertable: Seatbelt/Cruise/Radio/Brakelamp Issue
2004 330ci Vert with about 80k miles on it.
Go to start the car and the cruise control light will be on, and no matter if you turn it off or not, it won't matter it won't go away.
The top has become very finicky sometimes will go down sometimes it won't.
Passenger seatbelt light is flashing even if no one is in the seat
Now all of this doesn't always happen, its random, just a lot more consistent these days.
Ok 46 guru tell me whats going on?
1) Radio will work whenever it pleases, when it is not working its almost like it thinks the car is off, you hit the power button and nothing happens, yet the red security light is flashing like the car is parked and locked.
2) Brake lights are on at all times, no matter if the headlights are on or off, or if the brakes are being administered or not.
3) None of the steering wheel controls are working, no lights on the steering wheel. Flashers and wipers are working.
4) None of the buttons above ash tray are working, but they do light up.
5) The cruise control light on the cluster is on, when you turn the car on, but you can't set cruise or turn it off.
I know it is a lot to read however I feel like this is an issue that is going around with no answered solution. Searched to no avail.
Please PM me, or email me.
Any input is appreciated.
Pulled these two CEL codes:
P2806 Circuit Failure Data Exchange Timeout
P27A4 EWS 3.3 Interference DME EWS
I am working this same problem on my friends 2003 330Ci Vert. We ended up finding a short on the bus that powers fuses 1-15. Eventually we pulled fuses 11 & 13 (Roll Over System & Air Bags) and were able to get almost everything back on. Now our symptoms are the Air Bag and Roll Over system lights flicker on the instrument cluster. We also noticed that when the horn is activated it sometimes works... but more interesting is that the flickering Roll Over & Air Bag turn on all the way when the horn is pressed. So I'm thinking that we may have a short in the steering wheel or column. Either a bad clock spring or short wire of some sort. Hopefully we solve this issue cause it seems to be happening more often to other people.
Also make to check Fuse #10 as your symptoms can be caused by a shorted #10 fuse. Keep us posted!
UPDATE!!! PROBLEM FIXED!!!
It ended up being the ignition switch! I swapped out the one I had in my '04 330Ci and put it in her '03 and everything started working properly. We did have to reset the convertible top function but all the other functions & features are working properly. I took apart the faulty ignition switch and took continuity measurements that I will compare against the new ignition switch that I have ordered.
I hope this information helps someone else out. If you are having these similar symptoms please see if pulling fuses 11 & 13 causes these results for you. If so then look toward replacing your ignition switch to solve your problems. Good luck everyone!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.