E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   WATCH OUT FOR member Got german ? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=970699)

Noreaster33 02-12-2013 08:45 AM

Why not to buy anything on here

well i just purchased a dslr camera from member got german ? and the package shows up to my door in just a box no padding just the camera in a box broken. I messaged him and at first he gave me the run around saying his mom shipped it out blah blah ( this is a 24 year old) then he changes his story saying that he just brought the camera to the post office and said for them to ship it out. Well this is how i got the camera in a bunch of pieces in a box screens cracked lense cracked. dealing with paypal right now but what a shame. FAIR WARNING DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ON HERE THERE IS A REASON WHY PEOPLE ARE SELLING THINGS EITHER THEY ARE BROKEN OR THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM AND THEY WILL SHIP THEM HOW THIS RICH BOY DID. i would call kids like this members of the lucky sperm club they never had to work for anything do anything so they feel like they can do whatever with ignorance. I have the kids address and next time in NY ill be looking him up.

so just watch out guys theres scammers out there who will just take your money then theres privelgaded kids like Got german who will just throw a camera in a box and ship it.

Noreaster33 02-12-2013 08:46 AM

WATCH OUT FOR member Got german ?

well i just purchased a dslr camera from member got german ? and the package shows up to my door in just a box no padding just the camera in a box broken. I messaged him and at first he gave me the run around saying his mom shipped it out blah blah ( this is a 24 year old) then he changes his story saying that he just brought the camera to the post office and said for them to ship it out. Well this is how i got the camera in a bunch of pieces in a box screens cracked lense cracked. dealing with paypal right now but what a shame. FAIR WARNING DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ON HERE THERE IS A REASON WHY PEOPLE ARE SELLING THINGS EITHER THEY ARE BROKEN OR THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM AND THEY WILL SHIP THEM HOW THIS RICH BOY DID. i would call kids like this members of the lucky sperm club they never had to work for anything do anything so they feel like they can do whatever with ignorance. I have the kids address and next time in NY ill be looking him up.

so just watch out guys theres scammers out there who will just take your money then theres privelgaded kids like Got german who will just throw a camera in a box and ship it.

Noreaster33 02-12-2013 08:47 AM

stevenluczynski 02-12-2013 08:49 AM

There is no need in spamming the forum

stevenluczynski 02-12-2013 08:49 AM

Do we need 30 threads?!

cak323i 02-12-2013 08:59 AM

sorry to hear....:tsk:

choxor 02-12-2013 09:07 AM

Ouch. Just curious, did the classified have any pics of the camera?

Wonder if it was junk before he sent it to you.

PH03NIX46 02-12-2013 09:13 AM

It's stuff like this that's meant to be researched well in advance, prior to making the payment.

Detailed pictures, tracking information, etc.

Sorry to hear, I suppose there's a lesson learned in this for both of you.

klangford 02-12-2013 09:14 AM

Did the ad say it was "in perfect working order"? Sometimes it is what is NOT in the ad that you need to watch out for - sorry you got taken.

Teddy7 02-12-2013 09:17 AM

First off, don't think I'm not empathizing with your situation. This absolutely sucks, but I've had my mom ship out plenty of items before (since I store certain items in my room in my parents house and I don't live at home) and if I wasn't extremely specific on how items needed to be packaged, I know she would have just put them in the box and shipped it out. It's like she thinks once there is a box around something, it is now indestructible. The fishy part for me is always when people change their stories. That always puts up red flags. I would just say hold off on making posts about the user until you are confident he isn't going to work out this issue with you. I just wouldn't want him to be identified as a scammer over possible shipping issues. However, if you've already exhausted communication with him and he is just being closed-off then go right ahead and let the community know.

choxor 02-12-2013 10:11 AM

He was the seller, it's his responsibility to make sure it's packaged properly. Not his mom's. Not his dad's. Not his Aunt Elma. Although it was probably broken to begin with and this is just a coverup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddy7 (Post 15153903)
I would just say hold off on making posts about the user until you are confident he isn't going to work out this issue with you.

Even if it's not a coverup (scammer) and he did just ship it unprotected, it's still lazy ass negligence and either way I wouldn't buy anything from him.

cposk 02-12-2013 10:22 AM

My mom does all of my shipping :)

Always sucks to buy from a dishonest seller, but that is why we always use paypal.

Teddy7 02-12-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choxor (Post 15154005)
He was the seller, it's his responsibility to make sure it's packaged properly. Not his mom's. Not his dad's. Not his Aunt Elma. Although it was probably broken to begin with and this is just a coverup.

Even if it's not a coverup (scammer) and he did just ship it unprotected, it's still lazy ass negligence and either way I wouldn't buy anything from him.

Where did I say it wasn't his responsibility? I was just saying this is a realistic scenario. Seller error is obvious throughout OP's explanation. I've just seen so many buyers follow up thread's like this after a couple days with, "disregard, the seller worked it out with me." I wouldn't buy from him either now knowing what I know, but that's what I'm trying to point out. What if this was a one time deal? (BIG assumption to make, I know..) People make mistakes and it's up to them to fix those mistakes as well. Like I said before, if the seller doesn't follow through and is negligent in cleaning up his errors then discredit him all you want. Obviously, if I just go off my personal bias, I think the seller is a lazy a$$hole, but I'm trying to defend him at the moment since he isn't here to do so yet. I will say though that I'm sifting through the threads as we speak and the seller does seem like a scammer the more and more I look.

choxor 02-12-2013 10:29 AM

As a potential buyer this is the kind of stuff I want to know about sellers. No touchy feely crap. This is business. I know that he's negligent and evasive. Enough for me.

Now if he comes on here and proves that he OP is lying then sure, but as it sits he's not someone I would do business with even if he resolves it with the OP.

orb 02-12-2013 11:18 AM

Got Scammed?