E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Obama wants an increase in the minimum hourly wage from the current $7.25 to $9 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=970875)

ImPulSe 02-13-2013 08:43 AM

Obama wants an increase in the minimum hourly wage from the current $7.25 to $9
 
http://i.imgur.com/4wKBf.gif

Stankia 02-13-2013 08:45 AM

Thanks Obama.

SLVR JDM 02-13-2013 08:48 AM

That will fix the economy.

Gottalovethexi 02-13-2013 08:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/4egbr.gif

badfast 02-13-2013 08:52 AM

Poor people making more money. Isn't this want everyone wants? Now they make more so they can get off government assistance.

Lair 02-13-2013 08:53 AM

Fvck poor people.

Let 'em die!

customisbetter 02-13-2013 08:58 AM

Force employers to pay more wages = Less employees

Sounds like a good plan. I can't believe how quickly I have grown to loathe this current administration.

NIVO 02-13-2013 08:59 AM

lol, like going from $7.25 Federal minimum to $9.00 will allow people to buy homes, buy $25k cars or get off DTA.

Here in Mass our minimum is $8.00, 14+ year olds are making $8.50 at grocery stores, buying their own little things so i guess it helps some kids/teenagers but not a full blown family. $15,080 a year to $18,720 is not going to get a full family off DTA.

Let me add to say that Massachsuetts wanted to raise it to $10.00.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=ht...&embedded=true

badfast 02-13-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by customisbetter (Post 15157923)
Force employers to pay more wages = Less employees

Sounds like a good plan. I can't believe how quickly I have grown to loathe this current administration.

pay them alittle more to work or pay them to not work at all.

Lair 02-13-2013 09:00 AM

An extra $3500 a year won't help anyone!

Let 'em die!

casino is no lie 02-13-2013 09:06 AM

Good job Obama.

bimmerfan08 02-13-2013 09:09 AM

Corporations in this country already pay some of the highest taxes. I'm sure this will bode well.

joeski3d 02-13-2013 09:10 AM

I think it would be a wash. It's not a real economy stimulus if companies have to hire fewer entry level employees.

Fewer employees making more money = more employees making less money.

bimmerfan08 02-13-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeski3d (Post 15157945)
I think it would be a wash. It's not a real economy stimulus if companies have to hire fewer entry level employees.

Fewer employees making more money = more employees making less money.

Redistribution of wealth?

NIVO 02-13-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lair (Post 15157913)
Fvck poor people.

Let 'em die!

I was poor once then I got a paper route when I was 11 helped my mom, then I got a work permit and worked at the local grocery store from 14-15 then at 16 I got a job at Toys R us at all times while helping my mom. And so on and so forth..

We were on welfare, mother was disabled with 3 kids, father paid child support. Mother was off welfare after we turned 18, father then had to pay the government supplementary income above and beyond child support order.

Here in Massachusetts guys pay the state back for the welfare women use, now known as Department of Transitional Assistance.

I was poor once, I was a kid and didn't wish to die.:confused:

SLVR JDM 02-13-2013 09:13 AM

I'm sure the prices of services and products would not increase as a result of the higher operating expenses.

Brilliant.

customisbetter 02-13-2013 09:14 AM

^This

bimmerfan08 02-13-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIVO (Post 15157947)
I was poor once then I got a paper route when I was 11 helped my mom, then I got a work permit and worked at the local grocery store from 14-15 then at 16 I got a job at Toys R us at all times while helping my mom. And so on and so forth..

We were on welfare, mother was disabled with 3 kids, father paid child support. Mother was off welfare after we turned 18, father then had to pay the government supplementary income above and beyond child support order.

Here in Massachusetts guys pay the state back for the welfare women use, now known as Department of Transitional Assistance.

I was poor once, I was a kid and didn't wish to die.:confused:

A lot of us were poor or low income at one point or another in our lives and wanted to live. Don't tell Lair that. :shhh:

customisbetter 02-13-2013 09:15 AM

Honestly if this **** works so well, Lets just mandate that every employee must make $35000 a year no matter how many hours worked. That way everybody will have extra money to spend. Kids in the ghetto will buy american built Camry's instead of used Impalas and all crime will end.

evolved 02-13-2013 09:17 AM

Instead of raising the minimum wage (which sticks it to employers and eventually us, the consumer) the government should broaden the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC).....it puts money directly into the hands of those low earners and doesn't negatively impact employers and consumers.



But I'm aware that logic has no place in politics.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use