E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Mega-props to Magpul and Larue.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=971005)

NFRs2000nyc 02-13-2013 08:08 PM

Mega-props to Magpul and Larue....

Magpul sent an open letter to Colorado legislators stating that if they pass the 10 round mag law, they will close up shop, cost Colorado hundreds (thousands by subcontractor) jobs, and bugger off to a different state.

Larue annouced that they will stop selling to any form of law enforcement and government officials ANY weapons that cannot be sold to the general public.

Magpul:

Quote:

Magpul Industries Corp. 128,526 like this
17 hours ago

In addition to the national battle to protect our firearms rights, many states are currently engaged in their own fights. Here in CO, a state with a strong heritage of firearm and other personal freedoms, we are facing some extreme challenges to firearms rights. We have been engaged in dialogue with legislators here presenting our arguments to stop legislation from even being introduced, but our efforts did not deter those of extreme views.

After the NRAs visit last week, several anti-freedom bills were introduced by CO legislators, and a very aggressive timeline has been set forth in moving these bills forward.

The bills include:
HB 1229, Background checks for Gun Transfers--a measure to prohibit private sales between CO residents, and instead require a full FFL transfer, including a 4473.

HB 1228, Payment for Background Checks for Gun Transfers-- a measure that would require CO residents to pay for the back logged state-run CBI system (currently taking 3 times the federally mandated wait time for checks to occur) instead of using the free federal NICS checks.

And finally, HB 1224, Prohibiting Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines--a measure that bans the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measures and stipulations in this bill would deprive CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill would also prohibit manufacture of magazines greater than 10 rounds for commercial sale out of the state, and place restrictions on the manufacture of military and law enforcement magazines that would cripple production.

We'd like to ask all CO residents to please contact your state legislators and the members of the Judiciary Committee and urge them to kill these measures in committee, and to vote NO if they reach the floor.

We also ask you to show your support for the 2nd Amendment at the Capitol on Tuesday, Feb 12, for the magazine ban committee hearing and Wednesday,
Feb 13, for the hearing on the other measures.

Due to the highly restrictive language in HB 1224, if passed, and we remained here, this measure would require us to cease PMAG production on July 1, 2013.

In short, Magpul would be unable to remain in business as a CO company, and the over 200 jobs for direct employees and nearly 700 jobs at our subcontractors and suppliers would pick up and leave CO. Due to the structure of our operations, this would be entirely possible, hopefully without significant disruption to production.

The legislators drafting these measures do so in spite of the fact that nothing they are proposing will do anything to even marginally improve public safety in CO, and in fact, will leave law-abiding CO residents less able to defend themselves, strip away rights and property from residents who have done nothing wrong, and send nearly 1000 jobs and millions in tax revenue out of the state.

We like CO, we want to continue to operate in CO, but most of all, we want CO to remain FREE.

Please help us in this fight, and let your voices be heard!

We have included the contact information for the House Judiciary committee for your convenience:

House Judiciary Committee
Rep. Daniel Kagan, Chair: 303-866-2921, repkagan@gmail.com
Rep. Pete Lee, Vice Chair: 303-866-2932, pete.lee.house@state.co.us
Rep. John Buckner: 303-866-2944, john.buckner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Lois Court: 303-866-2967, lois.court.house@state.co.us
Rep. Bob Gardner, 303-866-2191, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Polly Lawrence, 303-866-2935, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us
Rep. Mike McLachlan, 303-866-2914, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us
Rep. Rep Carole Murray, 303-866-2948, murrayhouse45@gmail.com
Rep. Brittany Pettersen, 303-866-2939, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us
Rep. Joseph Salazar, 303-866-2918, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us
Rep. Jared Wright, 303-866-2583, jared.wright.house@state.co.us
Larue

http://www.ctrguns.com/larue-will-no...lian-features/

NFRs2000nyc 02-13-2013 08:10 PM

I just hope all the big boys get a hold of this, and follow Larue's path. If police had to stick to 7 round mags, no ARs, etc, they might reconsider their ban idea.

JTLaz 02-13-2013 08:15 PM

:clap:

Serbonze 02-13-2013 08:19 PM

Olympic Arms did the same thing in New York.

Wreckless 02-13-2013 08:33 PM

These companies are on the top of my"absolutely must buy from" list. Much like how Beretta moved to the top of my "firearms to purchase" list after their testimony in MD. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

NFRs2000nyc 02-13-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wreckless (Post 15160363)
These companies are on the top of my"absolutely must buy from" list. Much like how Beretta moved to the top of my "firearms to purchase" list after their testimony in MD. :thumbup:

I think people need to start sending emails to companies telling them that they will not buy from them until they see this in the media. All companies should immediately stop selling parts or firearms to any departments in jurisdictions where guns are "limited." This will add a major entity to the side of gun owners....police departments.

NFRs2000nyc 02-13-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wreckless (Post 15160363)

Here is their bill for anyone who wants to read it...I wish they threatened a little more, by taking their money and their jobs elsewhere....which they did, but softly...

http://blog.berettausa.com/Portals/1...-testimony.pdf

Reedo302 02-13-2013 09:26 PM

Word is that Magpul is already exploring the option of moving to Texas, Michigan or Nevada.

Rush4theYehO 02-13-2013 11:03 PM

TX is starting to looking more and more attractive place to be.

NFRs2000nyc 02-13-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO (Post 15160857)
TX is starting to looking more and more attractive place to be.

I would move there in a heartbeat if I could stand the heat. :( The sad part is, it's a dream of mine to move to Colorado. I love the mountains, the activities, etc etc. God I hate liberals for destroying states. Utah would be a close second, but the job market there is pretty tight. :(

Reedo302 02-13-2013 11:39 PM

Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and Utah all are very pro-gun and have mountains.

Not gonna lie-I'm considering moving to either Montana, Arizona or Texas.

carcus 02-14-2013 02:45 AM

That is awesome. I still see Colorado is now looking at a 15 round mag max. We shall see how it all pans out in the long run

poynter 02-14-2013 08:02 AM

Awesome.

BMW_Matt 02-14-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedo302 (Post 15160942)

I have heard Montana is AWESOME. Need to check into their LEO dept potential though before I go. :D

Adam@Euro-Spec 02-14-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedo302 (Post 15160942)

I would love to move to Texas,, but I'm stuck in Md. I love my work and can't do it with as much success anywhere else. Even though i hate this state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

GasKing 02-14-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poynter (Post 15161529)
awesome.

+1

2000_328CI 02-14-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec (Post 15161624)
I would love to move to Texas,, but I'm stuck in Md. I love my work and can't do it with as much success anywhere else. Even though i hate this state.

Yeup... I hate MD. Though moving to VA does have its downsides.. car taxes being one of them

BMW_Matt 02-14-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec (Post 15161624)

What about PA? It's not that far from baltimore.

Adam@Euro-Spec 02-14-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Matt (Post 15161842)
What about PA? It's not that far from baltimore.

I've been strongly considering york or Hanover pa or near leesburg va

learthworml 02-14-2013 11:40 AM

Texas is a great state. I moved here from 70 degree weather in California. The economy in Dallas is booming, the people are nice, no state tax, and awesome gun laws! The heat heat is pretty annoying at times in the summer, but it is definitely bearable. You can get a huge air conditioned home with a pool for under 500k. I'm never going back to Cali.

Props to Magpul and Larue. Hit the government where it hurts....their pockets.