E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   m3 replicas on a 2002 325xi wagon????? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=971059)

grocerygetter 02-14-2013 04:34 AM

m3 replicas on a 2002 325xi wagon?????

m3 replicas 18'' staggerred on a 2002 wagon
what do you think yes or no

avincent52 02-14-2013 04:46 AM

Why not? Not sure about the practicality of a staggered setup for a wagon.
Just not enough power to need more rubber in the back IMHO. A square setup is cheaper and lighter and allows you to rotate tires for maximum wear.

Here are some ZHP Wheels on a wagon

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...8&d=1360573436

M3 wheels on an M3 wagon (!)

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-cont...ouring-202.jpg

and CSL wheels
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...S6000856-1.jpg

choxor 02-14-2013 07:41 AM

Just remember that overall wheel diameter needs to be similar.

terzinator 02-14-2013 09:54 AM

avincent52's link of the M3 wagon pic proves they'd be dynamite. But that wagon has that full M3 look, which I think really makes those wheels look right.

The 325iT I just bought has the ZHP wheels, which look really nice, and are mildly staggered (8 & 8.5). I can't tell you if it makes much of a difference yet, as I don't have it yet! (But in a couple of hours I will!)

I'm partial to the CSL reps, though, and if I do a swap eventually, I'll go square, not staggered, for the exact reasons avincent52 mentions.

avincent52 02-14-2013 08:10 PM

I love your sig pic, Terz. That is *such* a sweet car.
I also love the ZHP wheels on it.
I think it's a coin flip between the ZHPs and the CSLs.
If it were my car (and last June is *was* my car) I'l keep the ZHPs and use the money for further mods to improve the car.
Like a ZHP exhaust (forget that), or an m3 steering wheel (oh, never mind) or some Dinan goodies (aw heck)
or a new cooling system. Or two. Or three.
Like Mango says, you can't be too careful.
As you might imagine, I'm a tiny bit jealous right now.
Enjoy it.

grocerygetter 02-14-2013 09:15 PM

Well im picking up my M3 replicas friday mornig thnks everybody i finally made my decision..ill post a before and after

afstud 02-14-2013 09:34 PM

hey your close to me! i think the reps will look good... are you going to take the roof rack off to give it a stealthier look?

grocerygetter 02-14-2013 09:43 PM

Idk i Never thought about it.

terzinator 02-14-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avincent52 (Post 15164217)
I love your sig pic, Terz. That is *such* a sweet car.
I also love the ZHP wheels on it.
I think it's a coin flip between the ZHPs and the CSLs.
If it were my car (and last June is *was* my car) I'l keep the ZHPs and use the money for further mods to improve the car.
Like a ZHP exhaust (forget that), or an m3 steering wheel (oh, never mind) or some Dinan goodies (aw heck)
or a new cooling system. Or two. Or three.
Like Mango says, you can't be too careful.
As you might imagine, I'm a tiny bit jealous right now.
Enjoy it.

Now that I have the car, and have seen the ZHP's in person, I think you're right. They look really good. I need to get some snow tires on it asap (got stuck in front of my house, five minutes off the truck!), but I think I found some good 17" wheels locally... It's Craigslist, though, so ya never know.

Anyway, I think the CSLs can wait.

So many great choices out there!

I'm sure you'll find a great wagon, AV52. They're out there. (Not as many sporty 5-speeds, but those are out there, too. With sunroofs.)

avincent52 02-15-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afstud (Post 15164443)
hey your close to me! i think the reps will look good... are you going to take the roof rack off to give it a stealthier look?

What makes the touring cool is its combination of fun and functionality, and the Roof rails are ideal for hauling bikes and kayaks on the roof, and a Yakima box for the once-a-year fully loaded summer trip.

Quote:

Now that I have the car, and have seen the ZHP's in person, I think you're right. They look really good. I need to get some snow tires on it asap (got stuck in front of my house, five minutes off the truck!), but I think I found some good 17" wheels locally... It's Craigslist, though, so ya never know.
I'd think about calling Tire Rack and reading their snow tire reviews.
I had some studless Blizzaks that were super great in the snow and cold, but were more than a little noisy on the highway.
In short, you'll be on your snows for 4-5 months, so choose wisely.

terzinator 02-15-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avincent52 (Post 15165307)
What makes the touring cool is its combination of fun and functionality, and the Roof rails are ideal for hauling bikes and kayaks on the roof, and a Yakima box for the once-a-year fully loaded summer trip.

Yeah, I'd never remove the roof rails. It's part and parcel of the Touring DNA!

Quote:

Originally Posted by avincent52 (Post 15165307)
I'd think about calling Tire Rack and reading their snow tire reviews.
I had some studless Blizzaks that were super great in the snow and cold, but were more than a little noisy on the highway.
In short, you'll be on your snows for 4-5 months, so choose wisely.

I had some Yokohama Ice Guards that were good, as well as some Hankooks. Trying to find some reviews of the Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grips...

VMRWheels 02-15-2013 12:47 PM

If you like them, get them!

terzinator 02-15-2013 02:09 PM

heh... we kinda hijacked this thread, didn't we! Sorry bout that.

yes, agreed! Get the M3 Reps. I think they'd look great on a wagon!

grocerygetter 02-16-2013 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
M3 reps lookn good

terzinator 02-16-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grocerygetter (Post 15169664)
M3 reps lookn good

Looking good, getter.

But those're CSLs.