E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What a way to start my day!!!! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=971891)

DevilDoc87 02-19-2013 10:22 AM

What a way to start my day!!!!
 
Walk out to leave for work this morning to come find out that my car had been broken into. They smashed both front windows stealing my backpack that had all of my PT gear and some semi important military records of mine in it, my wetsuit along with my booties and webbed gloves, mp3 player, oakley glasses, nikon d60 and my go pro hero hd. To get to some of the stuff they actually had to climb all the way into my car and pulled my back seat down pulling everything fro the trunk into the cabin. Hopefully renter insurance covers all of that considering I was parked in my underground parking garage thats in a gated complex in one of the safest communities in San Diego. They also scratched up the paint on my car :banghead:

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/x...psad0e3fef.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps13926e37.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/x...psd4ac4302.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/x...pse2d0e6d6.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps76a9a61b.jpg

SLVR JDM 02-19-2013 10:25 AM

Sucks to hear :(
Hopefully you can claim it whether thru auto or renters insurance (probably the former).

ghorn 02-19-2013 10:28 AM

Damn. Infuriating :mad:

Blueandwhite85 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

Lesson learned: don't leave expensive **** in your car, braniac.

And for future reference: ALL petty car thiefs who break into people's cars are looking for cars that have excess junk or items in them. My advice is to clean up your car, stop leaving so much stuff in it and NEVER leave anything of value in it. If not, you're basically inviting a thief to break in. Who knows? Under that pile of junk could be a bag with a Nikon D60, nice sunglasses and a bunch of other stuff that you would have liked to keep.

Kwando 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

Edit: ^^This.

Damn that sucks..this is why I don't like to keep so many (expensive)possessions in the car. Or at least put them locked in the trunk. Anyone will break into your car to steal the pennies out of your ashtray.

Does the garage have security cameras?

customisbetter 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

Holy ****! do they have security cam footage?

IdahoToyo 02-19-2013 10:33 AM

Damn man, sorry to hear...especially given all your recent fundraising on here :(

This is why I never leave things in my truck any longer...figure the extra effort it takes to lug it back and forth prevents the possible frustration you're probably feeling right now. Any cameras in the garage? Hope that renters insurance covers it.

Edit: Reiterating what others said above, don't mean to sound repetitive...typed that prior to their posting.

simsima325 02-19-2013 10:35 AM

damn, they even stole the paint right off of your parts.

GL with the renters insurance, and stop leaving things in ur car :(

mistrzmiasta 02-19-2013 10:36 AM

:( sorry to hear that...fvcking sucks

Fergo 02-19-2013 10:36 AM

Rage mode activated

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Bimmer App

DevilDoc87 02-19-2013 10:47 AM

Everything that was of value was inside my trunk locked up. They literally pulled down the back seat to get to that stuff. And as far as the backpack goes I have never left it in my car before until last night because it was wedged behind the passenger seat out of sight. I never leave anything in sight when I park my car and it was in a fricken underground parking garage in a gated complex. People have bikes and golf clubs just sitting out in the open that don't even get stolen in my complex if that says anything about how safe this place is or well was up until now.

IdahoToyo 02-19-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corpsman-UP (Post 15176422)
Everything that was of value was inside my trunk locked up. They literally pulled down the back seat to get to that stuff. And as far as the backpack goes I have never left it in my car before until last night because it was wedged behind the passenger seat out of sight. I never leave anything in sight when I park my car and it was in a fricken underground parking garage in a gated complex. People have bikes and golf clubs just sitting out in the open that don't even get stolen in my complex if that says anything about how safe this place is or well was up until now.

The perception of how safe the place is...until something such as this occurs. Definitely understand the belief that things should be safe in a trunk, but still appears you have quite a bit strewn around your car...not necessarily things of value, however gave the thief a belief there may be more.

People around the town I live in will leave Mercedes, Lexus, and BMWs running while they run in to get a cup of coffee. A sense of comfort does exist for people. However as a whole, the world is filled w/ people who suck and do things like this...sadly enough :( Again not harping on it, lesson learned and hopefully you will be covered.

Jesse M 02-19-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsima325 (Post 15176385)
damn, they even stole the paint right off of your parts.

:rofl:

Sorry to hear OP, good luck with insurance.

The most expensive thing I leave in my car for someone to steal is well .. my stereo. But shh. :shhh:

Eliott's-BMW 02-19-2013 11:09 AM

I hate thieves.. :banghead:
I hope you get some good money from insurance.
Oh, :nono: don't ever leave anything that looks valuable inside the car.

Carskibum 02-19-2013 11:09 AM

why keep that stuff in the car?

kuksul08 02-19-2013 11:13 AM

That sucks man :(

Never leave anything personal or valuable in your car. It's a pain in the ass to deal with, but makes times like this a lot easier. Replace what's broken and you're good to go, rather than worrying about your personal stuff gone missing.

Gottalovethexi 02-19-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsima325 (Post 15176385)
damn, they even stole the paint right off of your parts.

You are my favorite :spit:

saxual328ci 02-19-2013 11:26 AM

WOW! I have my trunk locked so that they can't use the latch to open it. But dang that defeats the problem when someone can just pull your seats down?

I don't keep my camera in the car because of the changes in temp. It's easy to just bring everything in with my backpack. Something I learned from a fellow Bimmer owner/photographer... Carry your gear in a bag that doesn't scream camera. My buddy actually carries his gear inside a duffle bag. I have a Staples shopping bag that I throw all my gear into. My camera bag goes inside it, to camouflage what I have.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LdNCmgsLp4...opping-bag.png

Someone you know or met probably knows your routine and how you store stuff in your car. Next time change it up. Every now and then I get people coming around my car whenever I go to the auto store. The first thing they want to know is where I live. I give them some crazy neighborhood, eventhough I might live up the street. Change up your routine, and like klubeck said clean out your car. Hide those cables coming from your dash. If you were in DC parked on the street, you would be a target too. Good luck with the insurance.

SteelGray3 02-19-2013 11:35 AM

People suck. But I recently had a good experience with renter's insurance if that raises your spirits. I knocked over my roommates $1500 LED TV and they sent him a check without much hassle. I will always have renter's insurance after an incident like that.

DevilDoc87 02-19-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klubeck (Post 15176452)
The perception of how safe the place is...until something such as this occurs. Definitely understand the belief that things should be safe in a trunk, but still appears you have quite a bit strewn around your car...not necessarily things of value, however gave the thief a belief there may be more.

People around the town I live in will leave Mercedes, Lexus, and BMWs running while they run in to get a cup of coffee. A sense of comfort does exist for people. However as a whole, the world is filled w/ people who suck and do things like this...sadly enough :( Again not harping on it, lesson learned and hopefully you will be covered.

The stuff was strewn around from the thief. most of that stuff came from the glove box and the trunk the only thing really out in the open was my running shoes and gortex jacket which were both not touched at all and then the backpack which was tucked away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelGray3 (Post 15176569)
People suck. But I recently had a good experience with renter's insurance if that raises your spirits. I knocked over my roommates $1500 LED TV and they sent him a check without much hassle. I will always have renter's insurance after an incident like that.

Called my renters insurance and they are having an adjuster call me back to sort it all out and will cover everything that was in my car and stolen.


As far as the person telling me to change my routine its not that simple I wake up go to work at 0545 come home at 1700 then do it all over again the next day. No one I know know's where I live I don't show things off to people. No one knows whats inside my car and I don't usually keep stuff of value in it. I went out of town the past weekend and forgot to take some of the things back up to my place from being to tired from work and being sick. Lesson learned I am out a couple hundred bucks from my deductibles but hey at least its being taken care of and I have insurance.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use