E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This happened this morning (shooting) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=971993)

BreakfastBurrito 02-19-2013 06:01 PM

This happened this morning (shooting)

This ended very close to where I live. I was getting ready for work at the time. Seriously don't understand why people don't just off themselves and leave everybody else alone.

Quote:

By M. Alex Johnson, NBC News

A 20-year-old college student went on a shooting rampage across Orange County, Calif., on Tuesday, killing three people and injuring several others before killing himself, authorities said.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

Police said the man, identified as Ali Syed, 20, of Ladera Ranch, Calif., told one of his victims, whose car he stole: "I killed somebody. This is my last day."

In all, there were three homicide victims and at least five victims of attempted homicide, police said.

Syed, a student at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo with no criminal record, shot and killed a young woman in his home in Ladera Ranch, which he shared with his parents, said Scott Jordan, police chief of the town of Tustin, where several of the incidents occurred Tuesday.

The relationship between Syed and the young woman remained unclear, as was the reason she was in the home, police said.

Syed's parents were home at the time, about 4:45 a.m. (7:45 a.m. ET), and fled, Jordan said. Syed then took their black sport-utility vehicle and set out on a drive along Orange County's highways, stopping at times to change cars and shoot people apparently at random, according to police.

As state troopers homed in on him, he then killed himself.

Police and sheriff's officials gave this account of the dramatic chase:

Syed's first stop was the parking lot of a restaurant in Tustin, another Los Angeles suburb about 20 miles away, where he was spotted loading his shotgun by a man who was waiting in his car for his son.

The man quickly drove off with Syed chasing him on foot and firing his shotgun. The man was shot in the back of head but survived and managed to drive a short way before coming to a stop. He shot and wounded a second person who had rushed up to see what was happening.

Syed's car was damaged and had a flat tire, so he ran across the street to a gasoline station, where he approached a man filling up his tank. He took the man's truck after politely telling him: "I don't want to hurt you. I killed somebody. This is my last day. Give me your keys."

Investigators update the deadly carjackings in Southern California.

Now in his second stolen vehicle, Syed took off down state Route 55. He exited in Santa Ana, where he began randomly firing at vehicles on the freeway.

Three vehicles were damaged in Santa Ana, the driver of one which suffered minor injuries to his face and hand. That man drove home and called police, who began tracking Syed in earnest. All three were damaged vehicles were being treated as attempted homicides/

Back in the stolen truck, Syed again tore off down Route 55. He took an off-ramp too fast, causing him to jump the curb, whereupon he leapt out of the truck, approached a man who was stopped at a stop sign, "walked him across the road and executed him, shooting him three times," Jordan said.

That victim was identified as Melvin Lee Edwards, 69, of Laguna Hills.

Syed then took the man's BMW his third stolen vehicle and drove off to the parking lot of a computer store, where he shot two people, apparently strangers, killing one of them. The dead man was identified as Jeremy Lewis, 26, of Fullerton.

Syed drove off in yet another stolen vehicle, returning to Route 55 as emergency calls poured in to authorities. As state troopers were preparing to get into position, he exited the freeway in the city of Orange. With the stolen vehicle still moving, he jumped out, put the shotgun to his head and killed himself.

Authorities said they found the shotgun beside Syed's body. And as of late Tuesday afternoon, they said, they had no explanation for why any of it happened.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ng-gunman?lite

Had guns been banned this would've never happened. /sarcasm

Fergo 02-19-2013 06:07 PM

Sounds like he was playing a little too much grand theft auto

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Bimmer App

GRIFFIN 02-19-2013 06:07 PM

I am glad he shot himself. But i do wish he could be anal raped for the rest of his life.

Grande D 02-19-2013 06:12 PM

Damn.

Sentaruu 02-19-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325max (Post 15178122)
Had guns been banned this would've never happened. /sarcasm

:thumbsup:

Grande D 02-19-2013 06:18 PM

Defense of property before for respect for the dead. Wow.

JonJon 02-19-2013 06:46 PM

When I read these stories I picture people burning in a building because they were not allowed to own fire extinguishers

MDydinanM 02-19-2013 06:48 PM

inb4thisbecomesagundebate

Sentaruu 02-19-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDydinanM (Post 15178266)
inb4thisbecomesagundebate

your too late because JonJon

Fergo 02-19-2013 06:56 PM

So tired of these gun debates :facepalm: it's not guns, it's the irresponsible people that own them

MDydinanM 02-19-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentaruu (Post 15178272)
your too late because JonJon

:shhh:

FenderGuy05 02-19-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule (Post 15178283)
So tired of these gun debates :facepalm: it's not guns, it's the irresponsible people that own them

Agreed, and if you could open carry in California i have to feel this may have been stopped earlier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Grande D 02-19-2013 07:07 PM

Alright, get it over with. Just move this to the gun forum. :rolleyes:

z00 02-19-2013 07:12 PM

Because Arab :confused:

badfast 02-19-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule (Post 15178283)

It will forever be about guns while the fearful turn into the paranoid and have delusion of Obama's black helicopter society coming in the dark of night to steal their guns.

badfast 02-19-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 (Post 15178305)
Agreed, and if you could open carry in California i have to feel this may have been stopped earlier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

There is a naive belief that someone having a gun in these situations will be adequately prepared to handle or prevent the situation.

Sentaruu 02-19-2013 07:59 PM

and also a naive belief that someone having a gun makes them more prone to commiting a violent act than someone without. just sayin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15178454)
It will forever be about guns while the fearful turn into the paranoid and have delusion of Obama's black helicopter society coming in the dark of night to steal their guns.

and before you get into throwing the term "paranoid" around....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...iscation-bill/

it's not like legislators aren't trying to take them.

MDydinanM 02-19-2013 08:01 PM

two sides of the same coin. just sayin'

bimmerfan08 02-19-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15178454)

Same can be said for people who fear and want to ban guns. :dunno:

david05111 02-19-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15178458)
There is a naive belief that someone having a gun in these situations will be adequately prepared to handle or prevent the situation.

You know what else is Naive? The thought that California's restrictions on firearms ownership, etc. actually have an effect. Yet another example of a crazy person in a state with some of the toughest laws going on a rampage.

Really effective, right? Naivety at its finest...