E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Herman Cain insists most Americans have Ďa severe ignorance problemí (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=972287)

phrozen06 02-21-2013 07:24 AM

Herman Cain insists most Americans have Ďa severe ignorance problemí
 
Quote:

By Stephen C. Webster
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:52 EST
Print Friendly

Fox News contributor Herman Cain. Photo: Screenshot via FoxNews.com.
Topics: herman cain ***9830; presidential candidate


Appearing Tuesday night on "The O'Reilly Factor," former presidential candidate and newly hired Fox News contributor Herman Cain summarized the 2012 election's results as an expression of America's "severe ignorance problem."

"The guy [Obama] hasn't solved that many problems," O'Reilly said. "So, I mean, why is he so popular?"

"He is so popular because 51 percent of the voters were misled enough to vote for him," Cain replied.

O'Reilly wasn't buying it. "Oh come on," he said. "You think after that long, long campaign that you and all the other Republican hopefuls engaged in, and that [former Republican presidential candidate Mitt] Romney has a billion dollars to spend on his advertising, and you're still telling me that the American people are misled? I mean, how dumb are we?"

"Yes Bill," Cain replied. "We are that dumb. Keep in mind, not everybody. Remember, he got 51 percent of the popular vote. So when you say all of America, no... We have a severe ignorance problem with the people who are so mesmerized by his popularity that they are not looking at the facts."

"Martin Luther King Jr. said 50 years ago in 1963 something that is so appropriate to today," he concluded. "There is nothing more dangerous than serious ignorance, and that's what we have and he gets away with it with the help of establishment media."

During his own presidential run in 2012, Cain once mocked a foreign policy question about Uzbekistan by calling the nation "Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan" and insisting he doesn't need to know who the country's leader is.
Oreilly gave him a chance to walk it back when he said do you mean with all the Republican Debates the people were still misled. And he still doubled down. LOL.

evolved 02-21-2013 07:37 AM

He's correct that we do have an ignorance problem. He's part of that problem if he thinks it's unique to those who voted for Obama, lol.

bimmerfan08 02-21-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved (Post 15183272)
He's correct that we do have an ignorance problem. He's part of that problem if he thinks it's unique to those who voted for Obama, lol.

Agreed.

Rhumb 02-21-2013 12:59 PM

Still espousing that general "47%" mindset that seems to permeate much of the GOP, i.e., disparaging most Americans as lazy, shiftless, craven, needy, takers, and now simply just out and out ignorant. If so much of the U.S. citizenry is so repellent to the GOP, then why do they even want to lead them, unless out of some condescending, elitist sense of noblisse oblige to let their betters rule over the ignorent masses for their own good (or somebody's own good)?

If the GOP doesn't flush this odious worldview from their ranks, then 2016 is going to make 2012 seems like a minor inconvenience.

mtgswede 02-27-2013 06:50 PM

They re-elected Obama not to mention Jesse Jackson Jr so he's probably right

Rhumb 02-28-2013 01:19 PM

And W. Bush before that, twice, well selected once, elected once.

So, apparently the GOP's new strategy to become a majority party is to first: insult, disparage and put down half the electorate as stupid, lazy and needy, then second: hope most of them forget all that and vote GOP anyways.

I have my doubts about the viability of this new strategy, but that's just me. Guess we'll be able to road test it in 2014 and 2016.

2000_328CI 02-28-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved (Post 15183272)
He's correct that we do have an ignorance problem. He's part of that problem if he thinks it's unique to those who voted for Obama, lol.

Agreed. The ignorance isn't just towards Obama... it's an ignorance to the importance of REAL ISSUES and the insistence morons have to focus the debates around issues of morality and religion.

casino is no lie 02-28-2013 01:28 PM

I guess there weren't enough votes at the top of the pedestal for Mr. Cain.

mtgswede 02-28-2013 06:51 PM

Stupid defines the Age of Obama Politics. Idiot can't even submit a budget year after year.

casino is no lie 03-01-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgswede (Post 15207748)
Stupid defines the Age of Obama Politics. Idiot can't even submit a budget year after year.

Obama submits a budget request each fiscal year per the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921. It's then sent off to the Senate and House Committee on Budget to draft the budget resolution and derailed by the GOP.


Perhaps you should consider that before liberally throwing around terms like stupid and idiot ;)

mtgswede 03-02-2013 06:03 AM

Not even the democrats will touch Obama's budget so don't blame it just on the republicans. Perhaps if we had a better president we'd have a better budget. I suggest you do more research before trying to defend this demagogue who does nothing but give partisan speeches.

Here's an example of his so called budget proposal last year. It's a complete joke just like always. You should be thanking republicans and democrats that derailed this disaster not blaming them.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...michael-tanner

Feel free to post an analysis that praises any of Obama's ridiculous budget proposals that actually contains facts if you can.

caleb6 03-02-2013 06:57 AM

Its called factcheck.org. So sick of all the misinformation, like the link above, from both sides.

Sent from my Galaxy 10.1 Tablet on bimmer app.

mtgswede 03-02-2013 08:31 AM

No kidding Sherlock, and you still think Obama's budgets are great? Maybe you should get your own head examined. Please try and debunk anything that was said in the link I provided

caleb6 03-02-2013 12:34 PM

Well window licker, I didn't say they were great, but if you are going to put up a link to an obviously ultra conservative site and then say "hey everybody, look at these facts about Obama's budget and how much it sucks", well then you need help, just like those that read it and go, Yeah, man he's an idiot.

But then again, I guess that's what the conservatives think we all are right, idiots. WRONG.

bimmerfan08 03-02-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgswede (Post 15211759)
Not even the democrats will touch Obama's budget so don't blame it just on the republicans. Perhaps if we had a better president we'd have a better budget. I suggest you do more research before trying to defend this demagogue who does nothing but give partisan speeches.

Here's an example of his so called budget proposal last year. It's a complete joke just like always. You should be thanking republicans and democrats that derailed this disaster not blaming them.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...michael-tanner

Feel free to post an analysis that praises any of Obama's ridiculous budget proposals that actually contains facts if you can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleb6 (Post 15211785)
Its called factcheck.org. So sick of all the misinformation, like the link above, from both sides.

Sent from my Galaxy 10.1 Tablet on bimmer app.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgswede (Post 15211859)
No kidding Sherlock, and you still think Obama's budgets are great? Maybe you should get your own head examined. Please try and debunk anything that was said in the link I provided

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleb6 (Post 15212227)
Well window licker, I didn't say they were great, but if you are going to put up a link to an obviously ultra conservative site and then say "hey everybody, look at these facts about Obama's budget and how much it sucks", well then you need help, just like those that read it and go, Yeah, man he's an idiot.

But then again, I guess that's what the conservatives think we all are right, idiots. WRONG.

:rofl:

caleb6 03-02-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 (Post 15212454)
:rofl:

:dunno:

evolved 03-02-2013 03:26 PM

I love it when new people come into Politalk.

casino is no lie 03-04-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved (Post 15212554)
I love it when new people come into Politalk.

:evil:

mtgswede 03-04-2013 07:26 AM

So you can't dispute any of the facts in the article I posted other than to try and say they are invalid because its an "ultra conservative" website. I love it when liberals like you fall flat on their face when confronted with truth. Hence, the ignorance of today's liberals. Liberals: "oh, it came from a conservative website so it's always false and you're a right wing nut job, don't confuse us with facts."

mtgswede 03-04-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleb6 (Post 15212227)
Well window licker, I didn't say they were great, but if you are going to put up a link to an obviously ultra conservative site and then say "hey everybody, look at these facts about Obama's budget and how much it sucks", well then you need help, just like those that read it and go, Yeah, man he's an idiot.

But then again, I guess that's what the conservatives think we all are right, idiots. WRONG.

When you can disprove the facts in the article let us know genius.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use