E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Big News...Possible new Supreme Court Case coming... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=973033)

NFRs2000nyc 02-25-2013 03:07 PM

Big News...Possible new Supreme Court Case coming...
 
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2188707945001/

mkodama 02-25-2013 03:13 PM

first

Nt_loader 02-25-2013 03:53 PM

tsrif

CollinsE90 02-25-2013 03:58 PM

It's Fox, not clicking.

Cliffs someone?

2000_328CI 02-25-2013 04:01 PM

Federal Appeals court in Illinois determined a citizens right to concealed carry is NOT protected under the second amendment.... Another claiming that a ban on concealed carry is NOT unconstitutional.

So it's going to the Supreme Court.

People, WAKE UP... the government is pushing towards a restriction on our abilities to defend ourselves. This is a joke given it all sprang from a school shooting in which an individual OPEN CARRYING a rifle killed a bunch of people.

dfjaws 02-25-2013 04:02 PM

Dear God I hope they don't rule against concealed carry.

badfast 02-25-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollinsE90 (Post 15195569)
It's Fox, not clicking.

Cliffs someone?

Federal government is trumping state's rights.

JonJon 02-25-2013 04:16 PM

I'm really getting tired of hearing all these politicians stepping over the line.
I think the time for action needs to go up a notch. They need to fear us again

badfast 02-25-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 15195646)
I'm really getting tired of hearing all these politicians stepping over the line.
I think the time for action needs to go up a notch. They need to fear us again

And what would you propose?

JonJon 02-25-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15195652)
And what would you propose?

Much stronger visible presence in their face, exposing them for the hypocrisy and ignorance of their actions. It's easy to legislate away other peoples rights when you are not subjected to the same restrictions. There are plenty of legal and non-violent ways to "reinforce" that they work for us. I want them looking over their shoulders like the cowards they are

There are some people that resort to violence sooner than later. I am not one of them
The 2nd Amendment was created EXACTLY to prevent what is happening today.

Nt_loader 02-25-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15195652)
And what would you propose?

Taking out the trash!

CollinsE90 02-25-2013 04:31 PM

Every one calm down, they haven't appealed yet, and just writing a dissent. It won't go to SC.

edit: if they appeal, it may result in the supreme court changing the current ban on conceal and bite them in the ass.

badfast 02-25-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 15195671)
Much stronger visible presence in their face, exposing them for the hypocrisy and ignorance of their actions. It's easy to legislate away other peoples rights when you are not subjected to the same restrictions. There are plenty of legal and non-violent ways to "reinforce" that they work for us. I want them looking over their shoulders like the cowards they are

There are some people that resort to violence sooner than later. I am not one of them
The 2nd Amendment was created EXACTLY to prevent what is happening today.

One that comes to mind would is the vote.

NFRs2000nyc 02-25-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollinsE90 (Post 15195705)
Every one calm down, they haven't appealed yet, and just writing a dissent. It won't go to SC.

edit: if they appeal, it may result in the supreme court changing the current ban on conceal and bite them in the ass.

Ummm, it has to. Two state courts have the complete opposite rulings concerning the constitutionality of concealed carry. Colorado ruled it is protected and Illinois ruled that it isn't. It MUST be heard by the Supreme Court.

CollinsE90 02-25-2013 05:15 PM

Supreme Court doesn't have to hear anything. If you think otherwise, you're wrong. If you think there aren't hundreds of inner state contradictory laws, you're also mistaken. If it is heard in the Supreme Court, they'll probably overturn the current conceal ban in Illinois. If it even gets to that point.

Sentaruu 02-25-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15195739)
One that comes to mind would is the vote.

yea.. you could always hope that works.

NFRs2000nyc 02-25-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollinsE90 (Post 15195939)
Supreme Court doesn't have to hear anything. If you think otherwise, you're wrong. If you think there aren't hundreds of inner state contradictory laws, you're also mistaken. If it is heard in the Supreme Court, they'll probably overturn the current conceal ban in Illinois. If it even gets to that point.

You're right. They don't HAVE to hear anything but this will get there. It's a pretty big deal. Most likely, they will go against Illinois and not Colorado and the rest of the country.

tailo 02-25-2013 08:47 PM

Point being? There sure as hell not going to stop me.. Only difference is I'll be carrying something with a micro suppressor and leave the body where it lays vs report it.

perfectpint 02-25-2013 09:38 PM

umm , the court in Illinois decided the concealed carry ban was unconstiutional in December. The state has until June 9th to come up with a law that guides concealed carry .

The idiot Dems having been pushing for super tight restrictions, but if they try too hard it will be ruled unconstitutional again.

"Illinois is facing a June 9 deadline from the federal court to either pass a concealed-carry law or see anyone with a valid firearm owners’ card be able to carry any weapon they want almost anywhere they choose."

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...193033411.html


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use