E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Australia (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Price drop. 2002 e46 M3 for sale Melbourne, Victoria (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=973256)

Jom30 02-26-2013 04:18 PM

Price drop. 2002 e46 M3 for sale Melbourne, Victoria
 
7 Attachment(s)
Beautiful e46 M3 in excellent condition with full service history.

Detailed Comments
Great looking and a pleasure to drive. Fully optioned (minus heated seats) individual edition with complimentary colour combination. Stock standard apart from tinting on windows. Full service history. SMG. $34,500 with Road worthy certificate and rego to Rego til June 2013. Probably needless to say on this site, but serious buyers only please.

146,000km

Jeremy
0400 675 814

Worx 02-26-2013 04:54 PM

Looks good mate. But how many KM? looks like it does not have heated seats, better take off full options as it does not.

Jom30 02-26-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worx (Post 15199301)
Looks good mate. But how many KM? looks like it does not have heated seats, better take off full options as it does not.

Thanks Stephen, it is a great car and I will miss it. Unfortunately I just do not have enough excuse to use it.

Anyway, ad updated accordingly!

Cheers Jeremy

DeclanM3 02-26-2013 05:23 PM

Looks great! GLWS.

Only advise would be to only offer the price with RWC. Offering a car for 2k less without one could imply there are things wrong with the car that will take 2k to fix to the point where it can get a RWC and we all know how easy it is to pass a RWC!

Jom30 02-26-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeclanM3 (Post 15199422)
Looks great! GLWS.

Only advise would be to only offer the price with RWC. Offering a car for 2k less without one could imply there are things wrong with the car that will take 2k to fix to the point where it can get a RWC and we all know how easy it is to pass a RWC!

Thanks Declan, good tip and I did consider that approach.

I had this checked out regarding roadworthy items prior to placing the ad and basically the cost of these items to fix and then obtain RWC is around $1,800.

With my approach the buyer would have the opportunity to do this themselves or I am happy to arrange this prior to sale.

Cheers
Jeremy

DesiredM 02-26-2013 08:58 PM

GLWS mate just be prepared to be low balled and sit on it for a while. When I was trying to sell mine the best offer I got was 35000 and it fell through, other then that all my offers were for $28-31k and mine is a 02 with 113k KMs with RWC and passed a BMW PPI 100% with nothing wrong and included a 4.5 year warranty so the market sucks right now.

YGOAMG 02-26-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeclanM3 (Post 15199422)
Looks great! GLWS.

Only advise would be to only offer the price with RWC. Offering a car for 2k less without one could imply there are things wrong with the car that will take 2k to fix to the point where it can get a RWC and we all know how easy it is to pass a RWC!

+1 Id say get a RWC and advertise it for 37,000 FIRM (if thats is your approach)


I always wonder why people are soo FIRM with their price.. I mean i can understand if you dont really want to sell the car.
But are you honestly saying that if i turned up to your house with $35,000 you wouldnt sell it to me with a RWC?
I think you're better off just leaving out the words "neg" or "ONO". Rather that saying FIRM..

DeclanM3 02-26-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jom30 (Post 15199643)
Thanks Declan, good tip and I did consider that approach.

I had this checked out regarding roadworthy items prior to placing the ad and basically the cost of these items to fix and then obtain RWC is around $1,800.

With my approach the buyer would have the opportunity to do this themselves or I am happy to arrange this prior to sale.

Cheers
Jeremy

Not sure about other states but it's illegal to sell a registered car without a RWC. Therefore there is often the perception that the if seller can't be bothered with a RWC then they probably haven't been very bothered with maintenance or they are trying to hide something.

I doubt that's the case here but that's what people will think.

Personally I wouldn't even enquire on an M3 if it had that written in the advertisement.

CortinaD 02-26-2013 09:48 PM

Good to see M3s have appreciated lately. GLWS

Jom30 02-27-2013 04:35 PM

Ad updated

Mitch E46 02-27-2013 09:20 PM

Gorgeous car :thumbup:

Jom30 03-03-2013 04:30 PM

Price drop and :bump:

Commando 03-04-2013 09:31 AM

In WA the RWC does not mean anything, each eastern states vehicle is inspected at a cost of about $185 as the registration is changed over. If the RWC has added to the sale price of the car then it is working against you in this case.

The demographics of the market for E46 M3's has changed over the last 18 months. One of the reasons is more 'bunky' M3's are in the market. Selling prices have fallen by about 30% and the trend will remain.
I hope we fanatics can continue to keep them sorted. I would certainly prefer to buy from someone here than persons unknown.

You have a nice looking car - I hope whomever buys it appreciates it and cares for it as you have.

DesiredM 03-04-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commando (Post 15215802)
In WA the RWC does not mean anything, each eastern states vehicle is inspected at a cost of about $185 as the registration is changed over. If the RWC has added to the sale price of the car then it is working against you in this case.
The demographic market for E46 M3's has shifted hence the sale prices are diminishing rapidly. You have a nice looking car - I hope whomever buys it appreciates it as you obviously have.

Lol that's the same in basically every state, any interstate vehicle older than "x" amount of years needs a full inspection before it can be registered. The RWC though is an advantage for buyers in VIC only. But yeah the market is slipping but only because of the abundance of them for sale, and it's causing people to sell lower to have that "edge" over other sellers which has caused a market trend and in turn lowered the price buyers are willing to pay that's reflected by the market.

Jom30 03-16-2013 01:11 AM

New pics uploaded...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use