E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Australia (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   P Plate laws Suck... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=973875)

pythonis 03-02-2013 04:51 AM

P Plate laws Suck...
 
Hey all,

Today I would like to tell you how much I hate P Plate restrictions...
I hate them a lot.





why? Well today in the newspaper was an advertisement for an 2005 E46... wait for it M3.... and double wait for it.... for no more than Twenty... One... Thousand of someones precious coins.... $21,000!!! For an M3!!! I was both excited and concerned about the price of this car. Yes something horrendous must have been wrong with it, but for 20 grand that would be worth it. Unfortunetly I didnt even bother having a look at it due to P plate laws Saying that even if I can afford it, I cant drive it. "Le sigh" :L

Oh well, Maybe in the near future they will get back to that price and I can finally get a car that has the N/A atomic engine of my dreams :P

but seriously P plate restrictions suck,

/rambling

~ Pythonis

Ballistic325 03-02-2013 05:31 AM

How much longer on your P plates?



Sent from my V9 using Bimmer App

JASE46M3 03-02-2013 05:39 AM

Why can't a "P" plated driver drive a 6 cylinder N/A car ? Am I missed something here ?

EntourageFil 03-02-2013 05:43 AM

yes P plate laws are the lowest!

Davconelectric 03-02-2013 05:49 AM

P plate laws are there for yours and every other road users safety.

DeclanM3 03-02-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASE46M3 (Post 15211749)
Why can't a "P" plated driver drive a 6 cylinder N/A car ? Am I missed something here ?

There is also a power restriction of 200kw (in QLD at least)..

danwilz 03-02-2013 06:41 AM

Can someone explain a P plate law to an American?

steve.k 03-02-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danwilz (Post 15211775)
Can someone explain a P plate law to an American?

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...l_licence.html

Rajvosa 03-02-2013 08:38 AM

lucky for you that you couldnt buy it....cos you would quickly find out why cheap M3's suck...

YGOAMG 03-02-2013 05:39 PM

Just remember that when you're off probation, M3's will be even cheaper!

M3_DU 03-02-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davconelectric (Post 15211752)
P plate laws are there for yours and every other road users safety.

If they really wanted to make P platers safer drivers, they would introduce compulsory advanced driver training. Even if they charged for it, so be it. But then, they're not going to pull in much money.

And they should do away with the stupid P platers. Like seriously, we're the only morons in the world that have to display plates outside the car. L plates I can understand, but P plates are detrimental. What does a P plater do when he sees another P plater?..

BMW E465 03-02-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3_DU (Post 15212901)
What does a P plater do when he sees another P plater?..

Yell out "Let's go cuz!"

DesiredM 03-02-2013 08:11 PM

Lol I still watch p platers pull up in some n/a supra or skyline or even worse a commodore and try to take me on at a red light...I let them go they can think they won after they lose their license haha.

pythonis 03-03-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballistic325 (Post 15211744)
How much longer on your P plates?

2 years to go from last last friday :P hoping that M3 prices don't go back up :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davconelectric (Post 15211752)
P plate laws are there for yours and every other road users safety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3_DU (Post 15212901)
If they really wanted to make P platers safer drivers, they would introduce compulsory advanced driver training. Even if they charged for it, so be it. But then, they're not going to pull in much money.

And they should do away with the stupid P platers. Like seriously, we're the only morons in the world that have to display plates outside the car. L plates I can understand, but P plates are detrimental. What does a P plater do when he sees another P plater?..

Yes! advanced driving schools! more teaching and learning rather than being thrown into the deep end and then spending a year learning to end up not being able to drive a 210kw XJS because it has 6 more cylinders than a 3.0L E36 M3 which is completely p plate legal. Also Utes, I think my best point to prove how stupid P plate laws are would be UTES and RX-8s. you can drive a 3.8L V6 ute (180kw) with all the weight at the front, so it spins out since there isnt any weight in the boot, but you cant drive a RX-8 which has a 13b rotary, abs, Airbags for all passengers, Traction control and all that jazz (not that hard to pick up a cheap one either now) but because it has the devilsome 13B rotary engine, and not even turboed. Or how about a 1995 WRX that is on the very edge of the p/w limit of 125kw/ton? cause bolting a turbo the size of japan on that is actually legal since p plate laws run on "factory settings". Should bolt a Twin turbo kit to my Bimmer and try that out in court....

Also P platers cant stop to see each other because we are the only ones being pulled over by police, that and people with M stickers.

/rant

EntourageFil 03-03-2013 04:04 AM

M Stickers, bhahahahaha! Funniest thread out!

pythonis 03-03-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EntourageFil (Post 15213718)
M Stickers, bhahahahaha! Funniest thread out!

then you'll love this:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=954394

EntourageFil 03-03-2013 05:21 AM

That's what I was referring to haha

sabrehagen 03-03-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW E465 (Post 15213080)
Yell out "Let's go cuz!"

I think you missed the 'nt' in the middle of that phrase somewhere ;)

Scotty_89 03-05-2013 05:44 PM

Clearly it wasn't an M3. It was a 320 rebadged by some douche.

Otherwise it was a repairable write off, and the P plate laws would be the least of your worries.

Stop paying attention to these other ******s driving commodores and supra's and start cruising with the girls. Clean up your BMW and have it looking schmick. Girls don't even know what a fast car is.

"Drive slow Homie":thumbup:

sabrehagen 03-05-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty_89 (Post 15222018)
Clearly it wasn't an M3. It was a 320 rebadged by some douche.

Otherwise it was a repairable write off, and the P plate laws would be the least of your worries.

Stop paying attention to these other ******s driving commodores and supra's and start cruising with the girls. Clean up your BMW and have it looking schmick. Girls don't even know what a fast car is.

"Drive slow Homie":thumbup:

Awesome perspective, very true :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use