E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ...and I'm shut down (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=974558)

Act of God 03-05-2013 10:22 PM

...and I'm shut down

Horrible setback, but butt/hip/back/leg injury thing has me sidelined. I was really getting into the new workouts and now I can barely stand. I have no mechanical pain, no soreness, no aches. When I stand up the pain originates somewhere around my lower back/buttocks, travels down my quad and down the front of my shin to my ankle. It feels tighter and tighter with every step, sometimes adding some numbness/tingling by the ankle.

This is a nightmare, sounds like sciatica. Stupid crossfit deadlifts! I'm shutting it down for the week (supposed to snowboard in VT on saturday, ugh), heat, and motrin.

Walking is a total nightmare right now. Oddly enough, stairs are no problem and running is ok.

dwass325 03-05-2013 10:58 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

Go see a doctor. I had some health issues last year and did the stereotypical guy thing of waiting until it ruined my life to see a doctor...wish I'd gone right away.

Glight 03-05-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15223153)
Horrible setback, but butt/hip/back/leg injury thing has me sidelined. I was really getting into the new workouts and now I can barely stand. I have no mechanical pain, no soreness, no aches. When I stand up the pain originates somewhere around my lower back/buttocks, travels down my quad and down the front of my shin to my ankle. It feels tighter and tighter with every step, sometimes adding some numbness/tingling by the ankle.

This is a nightmare, sounds like sciatica. Stupid crossfit deadlifts! I'm shutting it down for the week (supposed to snowboard in VT on saturday, ugh), heat, and motrin.

Walking is a total nightmare right now. Oddly enough, stairs are no problem and running is ok.

What is a crossfit deadlift?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App

BMW_Matt 03-05-2013 11:00 PM

Don't try running goof! Take at least two weeks off. Sounds like either a herniated disc or something with your sciatic nerve. If it is in the direct middle of your back it's not good...go to a doctor please and get it checked out.

Act of God 03-05-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glight (Post 15223245)

I just meant I never ever do deads but I've been doing solly's workouts and incorporated them a few time...think it triggered something.

bostonsc4 03-06-2013 01:32 AM

Jeez, all of us getting sidelined by injuries :(

Go see a doctor man, it helped me get closure and plan a path towards recovery.

sweetbro858 03-06-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonsc4 (Post 15223634)
Jeez, all of us getting sidelined by injuries :(

Serious man. I feel like I'm next, and I'm scared. :(

DylloS 03-06-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15223277)
I just meant I never ever do deads but I've been doing solly's workouts and incorporated them a few time...think it triggered something.

well sh1t. I feel guilty lol. Glight got me into it. Blame him. hahah

evolved 03-06-2013 10:15 AM

Definitely go to a doctor, man. I messed up my neck/shoulder while wrestling during college (club level, not collegiate) and I delayed going to the doctor which definitely extended my misery/recovery time.

dabears 03-06-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glight (Post 15223245)

Just pictured one of those crossfit gifs kushy posted with someone kipping while deadlifting lol

evolved 03-06-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabears (Post 15224319)
Just pictured one of those crossfit gifs kushy posted with someone kipping while deadlifting lol

http://i.imgur.com/cjWAf.gif

:rofl:

DylloS 03-06-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved (Post 15224349)

I hope this is a joke

evolved 03-06-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 15224385)
I hope this is a joke

I saw it in a tumblr account that had a bunch of funny CF gif's, so I assume it is.

If it's not :tsk:

DylloS 03-06-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved (Post 15224399)
I saw it in a tumblr account that had a bunch of funny CF gif's, so I assume it is.

If it's not :tsk:

either way i wouldn't be surprised

M3Inline6 03-06-2013 12:22 PM

Damn! :(

mkodama 03-06-2013 12:32 PM

Sounds similar to the slipped disc I had. The slipped disc pinches a nerve, and in my case it was a burning pain similar to stretching my hamstrings that went from upper left buttock all the way down to my left ankle. The pain would hurt more if sitting or bending forward. It took much longer that a week to recover, and now I have to be extra conscious of my form when lifting anything.

Act of God 03-06-2013 12:37 PM

Sitting down and leaning forward feels SO good right now haha, I had a similar injury last year when I was going plyo crazy. It went away, thankfully, until now

I saw the ortho last may. X rays and exam were negative. He told me to take off five weeks... I said no chance

BMW_Matt 03-06-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15224885)
Sitting down and leaning forward feels SO good right now haha, I had a similar injury last year when I was going plyo crazy. It went away, thankfully, until now

I saw the ortho last may. X rays and exam were negative. He told me to take off five weeks... I said no chance

I'll try and say this nicely.

Take 5 weeks off. You are an idiot if you don't. 5 weeks is NOTHING in the grand scheme of your life. Muscle begins to breakdown after a month. So you aren't going to lose a lot of strength. Your health is more important, and you'll regret it the rest of your life if you don't and really mess it up for future.

Act of God 03-07-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Matt (Post 15227124)
I'll try and say this nicely.

Take 5 weeks off. You are an idiot if you don't. 5 weeks is NOTHING in the grand scheme of your life. Muscle begins to breakdown after a month. So you aren't going to lose a lot of strength. Your health is more important, and you'll regret it the rest of your life if you don't and really mess it up for future.

I have an appointment with the ortho at 2:15 on Tuesday. 5 weeks leading into the spring is an eternity to me. I don't even know the last time I didn't work out for 5 weeks, if ever.

Just popped a pill from the dr, think it is flexeril. Here goes nothing

Act of God 03-12-2013 04:03 PM

Going in for an MRI next week likely dx of sciatica. I have some spondylolisthesis in the lower back and what appears to be a subluxation. Should be a fun spring.