E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Beautiful ZHP (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=974962)

fastsoup 03-07-2013 03:50 PM

Beautiful ZHP

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3664162022.html

I would drive down and buy this thing RIGHT NOW if I didn't have to pay all those import fees.

This one looks like a winner with a fantastic color combo.

jonesenberg 03-07-2013 03:53 PM

Almost never see 'em in white. Digging the two-tone interior look. Except for nav, she is pretty well optioned out.

LeMansteve 03-07-2013 04:06 PM

Nice. I'd fly out if I were in the market for one.

GGray 03-07-2013 04:45 PM

Man that's a good color combo, rare..

To bad I like my touring so much.. :pimpin:

Eliott's-BMW 03-07-2013 04:58 PM

I have a friend who has a black 04 coupe with that interior and every time I see it I go :drool:
(right Max)? :shhh: btw when are you going to replace your clutch man?

willmkent 03-07-2013 05:12 PM

what do they mean by "stay away from the E46 automatic transmission" ?

are they problematic??

Eliott's-BMW 03-07-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willmkent (Post 15229721)
what do they mean by "stay away from the E46 automatic transmission" ?

are they problematic??

Yes, more than a manual especially if you like to drive your car hard...

Mango 03-07-2013 05:17 PM

Automatics have the potential to be costly and complex to repair. They are very nice when working properly and when maintained though. Once the t/c locks up, they move similarly or just as well as a manual does. Aside from the reverse drum thing, the automatics tend to last long it seems. Manual is just a pure experience on these cars though. recommend manual all the way.

fastsoup 03-07-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 15229752)
Automatics have the potential to be costly and complex to repair. They are very nice when working properly and when maintained though. Once the t/c locks up, they move similarly or just as well as a manual does. Aside from the reverse drum thing, the automatics tend to last long it seems. Manual is just a pure experience on these cars though. recommend manual all the way.

Very well said...

BTW mango, I am noticing more and more haters knocking at your door, very disrespectfully might I add. Please do keep in mind, they are your biggest fans.

Grande D 03-07-2013 05:42 PM

It's a nice color combination, but that's about it. It seems as if very little preparation has been put into the cleaning and photographs for the ad.

willmkent 03-07-2013 05:43 PM

right on, Im in the market so i had to ask. I am open to either transmission at this point but a manny would be preferred

fastsoup 03-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grande D (Post 15229837)
It's a nice color combination, but that's about it. It seems as if very little preparation has been put into the cleaning and photographs for the ad.

Agreed, but sometimes, it's the further details that i consider and think, "this might be a great deal"

1) 80k miles...very low.

2) Notice the condition of the thigh support and the steering wheel

3) OBC stats 115 miles until empty and it's at quarter of a tank...tells me he doesn't drive the **** out of it. I can't see him mapping that all out with the shitty photo's he took.

I want this CAR NOW!! :(

BlendZen 03-07-2013 06:30 PM

Love the white.

I'm in Portland and I'm surprised this car is still for sale, I think I saw it around 2-3 weeks ago when I finally pulled the trigger on mine. I've had a ZHP alert on my craiglist app (it's nice that that letter combination rarely comes up for anything else) for close to 9 months and and don't think I've seen a white one in Portland or Seattle (one in Spokane). And I've maybe seen one that was less then 100k and less then $15k. So, my too good-to-be-true-flag is going off, especially with the lack of 5 minutes taken to give some nicer pictures.

That said, if you're in the market take a look at it, it's getting harder and harder to find sub 100k zhps (MT no less) in the NW. With the taxes you'd have to pay though, it's probably not much different then a $15k zhp in Seattle.

raphen 03-08-2013 01:44 AM

mmmmm. beautiful maiden in white :drool:

brokensmile209 03-08-2013 03:00 AM

Portland, where my ex gf used to lived, bring back a lot of memories :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App

EmDeeAr 03-08-2013 08:54 AM

She's tan and already dressed for our wedding :D

But it really is a nice color combo. I was just talking about this color combo in another thread... :drool:

The pictures and overall selling preparation do look a little... sketch, though.

Solidjake 03-08-2013 08:57 AM

Clean ZHP indeed. Whoever gets it is lucky.

|2eckLesS 03-08-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlendZen (Post 15230057)
Love the white.

I'm in Portland and I'm surprised this car is still for sale, I think I saw it around 2-3 weeks ago when I finally pulled the trigger on mine. I've had a ZHP alert on my craiglist app (it's nice that that letter combination rarely comes up for anything else) for close to 9 months and and don't think I've seen a white one in Portland or Seattle (one in Spokane). And I've maybe seen one that was less then 100k and less then $15k. So, my too good-to-be-true-flag is going off, especially with the lack of 5 minutes taken to give some nicer pictures.

That said, if you're in the market take a look at it, it's getting harder and harder to find sub 100k zhps (MT no less) in the NW. With the taxes you'd have to pay though, it's probably not much different then a $15k zhp in Seattle.

Do you really have that high of taxes in the NW? 2k for a 9 year old car? Good god. I got my 04 zhp coupe with same options and a few more with 62k on the odometer for 14k last march. I believe with sales tax and personal property tax we have down here in SC I was still around the 700 dollar range. If the tax rate is that much higher no way I will transfer through work to the NW.

Also thigh support golden, steering wheel looks like mine, oily. Getting to that DIY cleaning this weekend.

BlendZen 03-08-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |2eckLesS (Post 15231566)
Do you really have that high of taxes in the NW? 2k for a 9 year old car? Good god. I got my 04 zhp coupe with same options and a few more with 62k on the odometer for 14k last march. I believe with sales tax and personal property tax we have down here in SC I was still around the 700 dollar range. If the tax rate is that much higher no way I will transfer through work to the NW.

It's actually practically nothing if you live in Portland (though you'll have income tax if you work here), I think $200 for title and registration and that's it. But Washington and California have sales tax, along with special rules for cars. I know nothing about the cost in Washington, but in California it would probably get close to 2k. I assumed the same for Washington, but it might be a high estimate.

dirtypinguin 03-08-2013 10:53 AM

Hello Gents, new member here from Seattle

So I took a look at this car and had it inspected. It has a slight leak from the rack, small crack in windshield, driver side window goes up slower than the rest, front tires are looking worn (evenly). Other than that, its a great looking 2 owner car. Current owner has a growing family and needs something larger. We negotiated the price down to 12k.
Does this sound fair enough with the given issues? From reading the this forum, the rack and window regulator seem to be somewhat common issues on e46's.

Thanks for your input,
Alex