E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Another Carnival Ship in Trouble...... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=976143)

Mark M 03-14-2013 06:54 AM

Another Carnival Ship in Trouble......

Same as the last one. Power outtages and human waste over flows....

Carnival Dream.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/14/travel...ble/index.html

GlockMan 03-14-2013 07:07 AM

the Dream is a new nice ship I believe.

Good stock to buy in a month or so...

:yikes:

fayraree 03-14-2013 07:17 AM

I was looking at cruise ships recently. Disney Fantasy ranks the highest, and there are a few other companies that rank up there. Celebrity Cruises' Eclipse; Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas, and the rest of the top are from these 3 companies.

Carnival isn't even on the list. I went on a Carnival cruise once, low budget Orbitz deal. Food, rooms, and entertainment sucked; will not go on there again; can't remember the ship; was back in March 2010.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...tegory=Overall

JJR4884 03-14-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayraree (Post 15248989)
I was looking at cruise ships recently. Disney Fantasy ranks the highest, and there are a few other companies that rank up there. Celebrity Cruises' Eclipse; Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas, and the rest of the top are from these 3 companies.

Carnival isn't even on the list. I went on a Carnival cruise once, low budget Orbitz deal. Food, rooms, and entertainment sucked; will not go on there again; can't remember the ship; was back in March 2010.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...tegory=Overall

Same here, went on Carnival Valor, it sucked. I did thoroughly enjoy the Dinner Club however. $30 per person for some really awesome food lol.

fayraree 03-14-2013 07:27 AM

now that I recall, I think it was the Valor, too! All I did was the karaoke lol. and agreed, the prime rib was decent in that dressed-up dinner hall place.

GlockMan 03-14-2013 07:27 AM

Princess is the best overall value IMO.

Ruby Princess
Emerald Princess

Mark M 03-14-2013 07:28 AM

So the issue begs the question......Is this just a byproduct of declining revenue which has lead to poor maintenance on Carnival ships? Or is this a case of sabatage? Seems somewhat odd for lightening to strike twice in less than a month for the same company.

Laylow 03-14-2013 07:30 AM

Is the Dream their newest ship and bigger than the other two that got into trouble?

GlockMan 03-14-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M (Post 15249006)
So the issue begs the question......Is this just a byproduct of declining revenue which has lead to poor maintenance on Carnival ships? Or is this a case of sabatage? Seems somewhat odd for lightening to strike twice in less than a month for the same company.

Carnival has always been the lowest of the major lines.

They have another ship issue before the big disaster one recently.

Although Carnival owns Princess, they are night and day difference.

Just like Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

Princess cruises have been the most consistent and best cruises for me.

The worst cruise I ever went on was a RC, but I had two other RC that were fine.

Disney is Disney and will always be top quality.

Breezy 03-14-2013 10:26 AM

I never saw the allure of going on a cruise..aren't you just herded around when you stop at places? This and all I hear are that the rooms suck, alcohol is not included...da fuq?

JJR4884 03-14-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayraree (Post 15249003)
now that I recall, I think it was the Valor, too! All I did was the karaoke lol. and agreed, the prime rib was decent in that dressed-up dinner hall place.

the what? it looked like a Flemings/Capital Grille on the inside. Are you talking about the normal dinners they have, or the ones where you actually have to pay? I don't even recall them having prime rib, they had all high end steaks, bone in ribeyes, 3lb lobsters, etc...

ngillan 03-14-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy (Post 15249352)
I never saw the allure of going on a cruise..aren't you just herded around when you stop at places? This and all I hear are that the rooms suck, alcohol is not included...da fuq?

Nah man, the cruise I went on: once you pulled into port you could go whatever the hell you wanted. Just make sure you're back to the ship before they depart.

I went on carnival, I think the ship was the "Destiny". I was 16 (this was 10 years ago) and had a pretty good time.

Xcelratr 03-14-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M (Post 15249006)

Why does it have to be one of those two choices?

Bad ship design?

Defective electical parts?

Poor training of engineering crew?

Incorrect procedure written into an operating manual?

Crappy (cwatididthere) luck that the 1:1000 chance occurence recurs closely in time?

Or it could be
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

ngillan 03-14-2013 10:52 AM

I WILL go on a cruise next year and it WILL be this one: www.311cruise.com :excited:

DylloS 03-14-2013 11:05 AM

I have a carnival cruise planned for 5/25. This will be my 3rd and I'm not worried.

Fergo 03-14-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngillan (Post 15249430)
I WILL go on a cruise next year and it WILL be this one: www.311cruise.com :excited:

Now that would be awesome lol

I've never really got the point of taking a vacation on a cruise ship.

GlockMan 03-14-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule (Post 15249476)
Now that would be awesome lol

I've never really got the point of taking a vacation on a cruise ship.

A lot depends on how and when you take one.

If you live in Florida, then you are not paying air fare and can get great deals.

For under $100 per day (including food and room), you can travel from island to island, country to country, have a safe place to eat and sleep and see stuff you would not normally want to make a trip to see.

I went on a 10 day and we went to 7 different places. 3 hours after we returned to port, I was in my house.

A lot depends on costs and air fare. If I lived in North Dakota, then it might be just as easy and inexpensive to fly to an island resort. But then again, a cruise lets me find out what I would like to visit more in the future.

For example, for me, Antigua is 100x nicer than Jamica. I would have hated to have flown to Jamica and stayed a week to figure that out.

If you book the right cruise on the right ship, the quality is as good as any 4 star hotel/restaurant.

JMO

Fergo 03-14-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockMan (Post 15249549)
A lot depends on how and when you take one.

If you live in Florida, then you are not paying air fare and can get great deals.

For under $100 per day (including food and room), you can travel from island to island, country to country, have a safe place to eat and sleep and see stuff you would not normally want to make a trip to see.

I went on a 10 day and we went to 7 different places. 3 hours after we returned to port, I was in my house.

A lot depends on costs and air fare. If I lived in North Dakota, then it might be just as easy and inexpensive to fly to an island resort. But then again, a cruise lets me find out what I would like to visit more in the future.

For example, for me, Antigua is 100x nicer than Jamica. I would have hated to have flown to Jamica and stayed a week to figure that out.

If you book the right cruise on the right ship, the quality is as good as any 4 star hotel/restaurant.

JMO

Thanks for the informative post... I'm weird about being around a bunch of people, when on the ship does it feel like you're packed in like sardines?

Zell 03-14-2013 11:44 AM

Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, 1.4 billion people don't have access to toilets every day.

a s u r a 0 s 9 03-14-2013 11:45 AM

I'm on the island :eeps: