E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   BMW News from around the Web (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   4-Series caught WITHOUT CAMO! And it is BEAUTIFUL! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=977620)

SPDSKTR 03-22-2013 02:22 PM

4-Series caught WITHOUT CAMO! And it is BEAUTIFUL!

BMW F32 4 series coupe

Although this isnt the first time we have spied the upcoming 2014 BMW 4 Series, its the first time weve seen the new car without any camouflage. These spy photos provide our clearest look yet at BMWs newest two-door, which was previewed as a concept at the Detroit auto show.

The BMW 4 Series is really just the two-door version of the 3 Series sedan, but BMW has moved to even numbers for coupes and convertibles, necessitating the name change. The car was previewed in January as the Concept 4 Series, and very little has changed from that show car.

F32 4-Series caught WITHOUT CAMO - it is BEAUTIFUL

The 4 Series coupe spied here wears the same kidney grille, squinty headlights, and brash taillights with LED strips as its sedan progenitor. The sharp crease that runs from the front to the rear fender and intersects the door handle, as well as the unique scallop vent behind the front wheel, carry over from the concept to this production model. (The vent is called the Air Breather and will improve aerodynamic performance.) The lower fascia of this 4 Series, however, has more pronounced and sportier openings for the foglights than on a standard 3 Series sedan.

A leaked order guide tells us that in the U.S., BMW will offer the new coupe in both 428i and 435i configurations. The former uses a 240-hp, 2.0-liter turbo-four engine, while the 435i gets a 300-hp twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-six. Rear-wheel drive is standard but xDrive all-wheel-drive models are available. The BMW 4 Series coupe will go into production this July. BMW will also start building a 4 Series convertible in November, although the droptop will only be available with rear-wheel drive when it arrives in America next year.

BMW 435i spied without camo

BMW has yet to announce when it will officially introduce the 4 Series, but we should see it before production begins in July.[/QUOTE]

And for the full gallery: http://wot.motortrend.com/caught-201...#axzz2OIXHSPbn

More pictures at F30Driver.com - http://www.f30driver.com/bmw-f30-pho...eries-No-Camo/

I like this SO much better than the 3-Series. The body just flows better in my opinion.

Miko_10 03-22-2013 03:29 PM

1st..I've always wanted to do that.

Silversixspeed 03-22-2013 04:37 PM

Way hawt.

effay 03-22-2013 05:08 PM

if only i had the money :banghead:

HBizzo88 03-22-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effay (Post 15275831)
if only i had the money :banghead:

+1

NOVAbimmer 03-22-2013 05:20 PM

Eh.

I'll wait for the 4 series 4 door

SPDSKTR 03-22-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 15275902)
Eh.

I'll wait for the 4 series 4 door

It's called a 3-Series. Unless you mean the 4-Series Gran Coupe (which still puzzles me why they'd basically have two separate 3-Series).

peytonracer4 03-22-2013 09:03 PM

Looks very similar to the size of the last 6 series. So that's pretty disappointing. In 15 years cars will be the size of 45 foot boats

NOVAbimmer 03-22-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSKTR (Post 15276372)
It's called a 3-Series. Unless you mean the 4-Series Gran Coupe (which still puzzles me why they'd basically have two separate 3-Series).

They'll make one eventually. I'm sure BMW is planning some kind of bastard 5 series coupe, too, just like they made a six series sedan.

tks 03-22-2013 09:23 PM

calling them 4 series really throws me off, almost like slurping on audi's pen0r.

peytonracer4 03-23-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 15276420)
They'll make one eventually. I'm sure BMW is planning some kind of bastard 5 series coupe, too, just like they made a six series sedan.

The 6 series sedan makes NO sense at all. Might as well make a 5 door 7 series diesel with a roof rack.

tim330i 03-23-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 15276420)

Not eventually, now. They're already testing it -

BMW 4 series gran coupe

More pictures - http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-photos...es-Gran-Coupe/

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 15276873)
The 6 series sedan makes NO sense at all. Might as well make a 5 door 7 series diesel with a roof rack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSKTR (Post 15276372)

It doesn't make sense if you think of the 5 series and the 6 series gran coupe as the same simply because they both have 4 doors. The 5 appeals to a certain type of buyer and on the flip side there are people that would never buy the 5 because it is a stogy business sedan. The same person wouldn't buy the 6 because they want a 4 door. The 6GC gives BMW the ability to make an aggressive 4 door without messing with their 5 series bread and butter. From a marketing perspective it is really smart, and the 6GC is a blast to drive!

Tim

NOVAbimmer 03-23-2013 07:41 AM

How's that Kool-Aid taste Tim?

:eeps:

tim330i 03-23-2013 07:48 AM

Refreshing! I wasn't a GC fan until my understanding of what BMW was trying to do was reframed. If you don't want to do that I totally understand the dislike because I was there. When you hear from people that they would never buy a 5er but would buy a 6GC then BMW did what they were aiming for.

Tim

JJR4884 03-23-2013 08:17 AM

My next car

They got rid of the AWESOME door handles :(

levell3r 03-23-2013 08:24 AM

reminds me of something from the house of Pininfarina.
ergo.
i love it.

i mean, i love the 3er - But this is a different class of beautiful.

E46Enthusiast20 03-23-2013 08:28 AM

Ehh... it looks like an A5...

NOVAbimmer 03-23-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim330i (Post 15277003)
Refreshing! I wasn't a GC fan until my understanding of what BMW was trying to do was reframed. If you don't want to do that I totally understand the dislike because I was there. When you hear from people that they would never buy a 5er but would buy a 6GC then BMW did what they were aiming for.

Tim

I'm by no means a "purist" that says all Porsches must have flat engines and all BMWs must have I6s, but I have been very confused by the recent trend of "four door coupes".

They want to move coupes up market and charge more, so they break the models apart. But they still want people who want four doors to buy the upmarket coupes, so they make coupes with four doors.

And then, instead of meaningful names, they throw random alphanumeric chains at them. I'm still waiting for my 435dis-M-Xdrive-2.5 with active-E

/rant

peytonracer4 03-23-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 15277068)
I'm by no means a "purist" that says all Porsches must have flat engines and all BMWs must have I6s, but I have been very confused by the recent trend of "four door coupes".

They want to move coupes up market and charge more, so they break the models apart. But they still want people who want four doors to buy the upmarket coupes, so they make coupes with four doors.

And then, instead of meaningful names, they throw random alphanumeric chains at them. I'm still waiting for my 435dis-M-Xdrive-2.5 with active-E

/rant

This. The 6 is supposed to be a coupe. That's what it is and that's what it stands for. It's a grand touring coupe. Not a sedan. Not a coupe with 4 doors. It's just supposed to be the coupe.
BMW has been pretty spineless lately and I don't like it or where it's going.
The 3 series and BMW in general is supposed to be the luxury sport benchmark. They shouldn't be stooping down to try to compete with every single car Audi and Benz makes. I understand the need to explore new markets. The 5gt was that. It is weird and I didn't like to drive it. The x6 is another and hasn't been overly successful.
Those models are one thing. But to ruin two of their most iconic models is out of line. And when they call it the m4 :facepalm: ugh BMW. Sad sad times.

NOVAbimmer 03-23-2013 10:30 AM

I can see it now: legislation to ban the M4 "assault car". :eeps: