E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   E46 Convertible (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Golf season + E46 Cabrio (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=980851)

Poncho@home 04-08-2013 03:13 PM

Golf season + E46 Cabrio

I plan on using my BMW for my golf outings this summer.

Last year I got to take once or twice, but found my bag + cart a little big for the trunk.

I am thinking of changing my bag and cart, so what do you fellow E46 cabrio owners use for golf bags and carts?

Currently I have a Callaway cart bag, not huge but big, and a CaddyTek 13 push cart.

davecpa 04-09-2013 12:04 AM

This is why I love my E 46 Vert! My bag is always in the trunk. I use a Titleist carry bag, no cart. I have also carried 2 carry bags. Have to take the driver out of bag to fit, then driver goes in on top. I wouldn't own a car that won't carry my golf bag.

The Thomas J 04-09-2013 03:07 PM

My clubs & bag take up the entire trunk wether the top is down or up. If I want to take someone else with me I have to take my 4runner

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Bimmer App

Nycscoobydan 04-10-2013 12:58 PM

I would imagine worst case you could just throw the bag or whatever didnt fit in the trunk into the backseat. My clubs are usually hanging in the garage next to the car, so it would just be a matter of tossing them in the car and i'm on my way. But then again this may not be ideal if you are talking about having them in the trunk all the time in case you get an itch to go play. I personally am not that lucky.

sgoetz628 04-12-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nycscoobydan (Post 15328550)
I would imagine worst case you could just throw the bag or whatever didnt fit in the trunk into the backseat. My clubs are usually hanging in the garage next to the car, so it would just be a matter of tossing them in the car and i'm on my way. But then again this may not be ideal if you are talking about having them in the trunk all the time in case you get an itch to go play. I personally am not that lucky.

Exactly. My bag easily fits in the trunk. Could add a second, if necessary. For the handcart, which can have all kinds of crap on the wheels, it goes in the back seat on top of my kid's old comforter. With the top down, which it always is when conditions are good for golf, it just lifts right in and out.

Poncho@home 04-12-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

which can have all kinds of crap on the wheels
Yeah, I was thinking of making a carry bag for the cart, to keep all the garbage on the wheels out of my car. As it stands now both my current cart & bag fit into my trunk, I was just curious if there were anything more compact then what I have.

My cart fits under the convertible top storage area, then bag fit no problem.

I think I will make a carry pouch with a drawstring to keep my interior and/or trunk free of golf course residue left on my cart, especially early season, if it ever arrives!

Current view out my office window:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...pril122013.JPG

sgoetz628 04-12-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poncho@home (Post 15335480)
Yeah, I was thinking of making a carry bag for the cart, to keep all the garbage on the wheels out of my car. As it stands now both my current cart & bag fit into my trunk, I was just curious if there were anything more compact then what I have.

My cart fits under the convertible top storage area, then bag fit no problem.

I think I will make a carry pouch with a drawstring to keep my interior and/or trunk free of golf course residue left on my cart, especially early season, if it ever arrives!

Current view out my office window:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...pril122013.JPG

It doesn't take a lot of work to keep it nice over the years. Leather treatment on the drivers seat 2-3 times/year. Elsewhere as needed. BMW uses quality vinyl so it will last. Honestly, my interior looks almost brand new and I have much better things to do than clean my car. Golf comes to mind.

Good idea about the bag. It's amazing how much crap, especially animal sh*t, that gets on the wheels and the bottom of your golf bag.

And yeah, what's up with this gd weather? Thirty-seven and raining in Conn, versus 77 and sunny Monday. Not as bad as snow, but still, not so good for top down motoring. Or golf!

Enjoy

Poncho@home 04-12-2013 04:16 PM

Very depressing weather for sure. I have have 2 new acquisitions since last fall, my convertible and my new Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter. I am jonesing to bring both out already!

jbehr99 04-14-2013 08:56 PM

The trunk of my very easily holds 2 bags, I have to take the drivers out like one poster mentioned and put them either in the back seats of the vert or they will fit over the bags in the trunk.