E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Indoctrination (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=981942)

Act of God 04-14-2013 10:32 AM

Indoctrination
 
http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/14/fl...tional-rights/

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-cont...5928397652.jpg

Quote:

A father in Duval County, Florida has alleged that his sons fourth-grade teacher instructed students to express in crayon their desire to trade rights guaranteed in the Constitution for a feeling of added security.

The concerned father, Aaron Harvey, says his son and other kids in his sons class had to scribble: I am willing to give up some of my constitution rights in order to be safer or more secure.

The incident happened at some point during a civics lesson at Cedar Hills Elementary School in Jacksonville, Florida, reports First Coast News.
Unreal, but sadly not shocking.

5ynd1cat3 04-14-2013 11:07 AM

Hooray for public schools!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

Act of God 04-14-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 (Post 15339138)
Hooray for public schools!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

the leftists did outright say that this was their plan....they've succeeded

3coupe 04-14-2013 11:34 AM

Indoctrination happens on both sides of the isle. Ever seen the documentary "Jesus Camp"?

What one side calls indoctrination, the other calls teaching.



Edit: And public school is a joke. I will never send my kids to public school, mainly because I want them to be able to read when they graduate.

Lair 04-14-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3coupe (Post 15339202)
Indoctrination happens on both sides of the isle. Ever seen the documentary "Jesus Camp"?

What one side calls indoctrination, the other calls teaching.

Amen.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15339062)
A father in Duval County, Florida has alleged

Unreal, but sadly not shocking.

Looking at your source, I'd say it probably is unreal.

5ynd1cat3 04-14-2013 12:06 PM

ITT, lair circles the wagons.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

Lair 04-14-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 (Post 15339266)
ITT, lair circles the wagons.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

I rofled.

5ynd1cat3 04-14-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lair (Post 15339316)
I rofled.

Aw man. I was going for a chortle.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

rdsesq 04-14-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15339062)

If what is alleged is true and where the civics lesson stopped, it is reprehensible. I can possibly see the value of using that idea as a teaching springboard to discuss the which and why if any would might be willing to give up. From there why those rights have been so fiercely fought for. So there might be more to this story.

Of course if the kid had written down the repeal of the 16th amd, I wonder if the Tea Party groupies would be all that upset with the story.

Act of God 04-14-2013 06:32 PM

Repealing the 16th isn't giving up rights, bad example. This is why you couldn't get into law school.

bimmerfan08 04-14-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsesq (Post 15339839)
If what is alleged is true and where the civics lesson stopped, it is reprehensible. I can possibly see the value of using that idea as a teaching springboard to discuss the which and why if any would might be willing to give up. From there why those rights have been so fiercely fought for. So there might be more to this story.

Of course if the kid had written down the repeal of the 16th amd, I wonder if the Tea Party groupies would be all that upset with the story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15340052)
Repealing the 16th isn't giving up rights, bad example. This is why you couldn't get into law school.

:rofl: You guys love to insult.

rdsesq 04-14-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15340052)
Repealing the 16th isn't giving up rights, bad example. This is why you couldn't get into law school.

:tsk:
You really do need to buy a sense of humor.

Act of God 04-14-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsesq (Post 15340649)
:tsk:
You really do need to buy a sense of humor.

That actually was me joking around, still was a bad example

rdsesq 04-14-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Act of God (Post 15340668)
That actually was me joking around, still was a bad example

A bad example of giving up a right, I'll grant you. But, it was a quip during the halftime of the FA cup semi-final. Sue me. ;)

NFRs2000nyc 04-14-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3coupe (Post 15339202)
Indoctrination happens on both sides of the isle. Ever seen the documentary "Jesus Camp"?

What one side calls indoctrination, the other calls teaching.



Edit: And public school is a joke. I will never send my kids to public school, mainly because I want them to be able to read when they graduate.

I never saw the documentary, but question....what that "jesus" indoctrination in a private institution (serious question?)

MPOWERD 04-15-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc (Post 15340747)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3coupe (Post 15339202)
Indoctrination happens on both sides of the isle. Ever seen the documentary "Jesus Camp"?

What one side calls indoctrination, the other calls teaching.



Edit: And public school is a joke. I will never send my kids to public school, mainly because I want them to be able to read when they graduate.

I never saw the documentary, but question....what that "jesus" indoctrination in a private institution (serious question?)

My point as well. And as such it isn't required to attend by law to attend or participate. Very poor comparison by 3coupe.

casino is no lie 04-15-2013 07:15 AM

Thanks Obama.

Rhumb 04-15-2013 08:57 AM

Perhaps a bit obtuse of a lesson for a 4th grader, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "indoctrination" either. The overall exercise is a good one though, what "rights/freedoms" were we asked/forced to give up post 9/11 for increased security, ones that perhaps we're only now fully understanding in both impact and scope? Basically though, I think the story is about 9/10s spin by folks predisposed to see some sort of evil mind-control conspiracy behind any and every public institution.

JonJon 04-15-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhumb (Post 15341329)
Perhaps a bit obtuse of a lesson for a 4th grader, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "indoctrination" either. The overall exercise is a good one though, what "rights/freedoms" were we asked/forced to give up post 9/11 for increased security, ones that perhaps we're only now fully understanding in both impact and scope? Basically though, I think the story is about 9/10s spin by folks predisposed to see some sort of evil mind-control conspiracy behind any and every public institution.

The answer is none. It's always none

Act of God 04-15-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 15341358)
The answer is none. It's always none

These are not the leftists you are looking for


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use