E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Need legal advice. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=985077)

bloodredbimmer 05-01-2013 08:40 PM

Need legal advice.

First and foremost I would like to thank anyone that takes the time to read this in advance. I hope there is no discrimination on this forum but I don't doubt that there will be negative replies on this thread.
I am a non-resident illegal alien in the U.S. as are my parents. I'm part of the differed action which gives me immunity from deportation and a work permit. This has allowed me to acquire a FL drivers license. My parents however don't qualify for the deferred action and drive without a license as they have been for 14 years. I live in a gated community and there is a new security company which this week started asking residents of the community for their license to be able to enter. According to the security guards they are doing it to form a database of all the residents of the community. Since my parents do not have drivers licenses they were denied access to their own home. I had to walk out to the gate and drive the cars in one by one. They threatened my dad by saying he is not allowed to drive without a license and they would call the cops and immigration if he tried to enter again. I personally feel this is not correct, morally and legally. I want to know if there is anything I can do against this, my parents feel discriminated. They are being prohibited from entering their own home. I want to know if I can act against this legally. Thanks again to anyone who's read all this, I really appreciate it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

NOVAbimmer 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Need legal advice.

Discriminated against for driving without a license?

Man, what is this world coming to?

bloodredbimmer 05-01-2013 08:48 PM

Need legal advice.

It's not discrimination against driving with no license, it's towards being illegal. I'm not positive they are doing this on purpose but my parents can't help but feel like it's discrimination.

NOVAbimmer 05-01-2013 08:50 PM

Need legal advice.

So you need proof if identification to get into your gated neighborhood, which your parents can't provide because they have no valid ID?

Get a fake license maybe? High school kids can probably help you out.

bloodredbimmer 05-01-2013 08:53 PM

Need legal advice.

They have identification, but the security guards won't allow them to drive in without a license. People on foot may enter with a non-license identification.

bloodredbimmer 05-03-2013 12:18 PM

Need legal advice.

anyone else have input?

Brevik 05-03-2013 12:37 PM

Is this for real?

My god man- How can it be discrimination of they are actually doing things that are illegal? This has to be a troll

/thread

B4MC1S 05-04-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodredbimmer (Post 15389948)
They have identification, but the security guards won't allow them to drive in without a license. People on foot may enter with a non-license identification.

The security guards by no means discriminating your parents. Because, they are doing everything by the book.

- No valid driver license = No entry by vehicle
- Some form of identification = Entry by foot

Your gated community and the U.S. law wants drivers to have valid driver license, which your parents does not. So, do you expect the security guards to bend the rules and make exception for certain individuals.

peytonracer4 05-04-2013 12:29 AM

Need legal advice.

So... Your parents are breaking the law but expect special treatment because...? I don't get it. You do realize you need a license to drive right? Do they have insurance? I freaking hope so. Drivers without insurance need to all crash into each other

officer140 05-04-2013 12:40 AM

Here's the issue: you're asking for legal help, to which there is none. An unlawful act cannot be protected or represented by a court of law. You stated the loophole yourself. They have a form of ID already and are allowed access to their home by simply walking in. Your unlicensed family members should not be driving. Again, your unlicensed family members should not be driving.

xixixi 05-04-2013 10:02 PM

build bombs kill people, demand respect. In the name of an unjust and unfair law. White people must die. :thumbsup: BOOYA Or wait.. :evil:

JohnBlaze 05-06-2013 05:24 PM

go to the DMV and get a id card that looks like a license but isn't

ac_2007 05-06-2013 05:28 PM

Re: Need legal advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 15389938)
So you need proof if identification to get into your gated neighborhood, which your parents can't provide because they have no valid ID?

Get a fake license maybe? High school kids can probably help you out.

I lol'd

This, get a fvcking fake ID. Name your parents Speedy Gonzales and Consuela Necessito.

People like them contribute to high insurance rates for everyone else. I just hope amongst this stupidity you don't get into a minor fender bender with a guy that claims injuries and your whole family ends up penniless.

BWOODM3 05-10-2013 11:03 PM

Need legal advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by officer140 (Post 15396223)
Here's the issue: you're asking for legal help, to which there is none. An unlawful act cannot be protected or represented by a court of law. You stated the loophole yourself. They have a form of ID already and are allowed access to their home by simply walking in. Your unlicensed family members should not be driving. Again, your unlicensed family members should not be driving.

Nailed it.

Gheybe 05-10-2013 11:13 PM

You're kidding me...

jonel1225 05-10-2013 11:57 PM

Need legal advice.

Lol wut...

TrickTizzle 05-13-2013 07:36 PM

How does a family of illegals manage to live in a gated community?

Big Rick 05-13-2013 08:04 PM

So it isn't enough to be in the country illegally... They drive illegally too... And now you want a work-around...

Please tell me this is a joke... :facepalm:

GlockMan 05-13-2013 08:21 PM

How do they have car insurance?

What id do they use for writing checks, hotels, etc?

//Maxwelljuppercut 05-13-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodredbimmer (Post 15389911)
My parents however don't qualify for the deferred action...

...I want to know if there is anything I can do against this

yes they can go back to the country they are citizens of. they are not US citizens and have no standing.
out of curiousity, do they collect any benifits?