E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Does HPF owe you MONEY, PARTS, or LABOR .. What can WE do ? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=985999)

nicholse46 05-07-2013 03:08 PM

Does HPF owe you MONEY, PARTS, or LABOR .. What can WE do ?

People that actually have money, parts, or labor owed please post your questions and concerns ...

Are we supposed to give it a few days, weeks, months ?? Before we should start worrying about our parts or money..

Is anyone able to get in touch with anyone at HPF to work out issues ?

Has anyone looked into hiring an attorney to solve the matter?..

I want to know the thoughts of the people who actually still have money parts or labor owed..

My personal situation is that I put a deposit down for a stage I now I don't know where my money is, or when I can ship them my car?...

What's your situation ?

Thanks guys

tim330i 05-07-2013 03:21 PM

Fair warning to everyone posting in this thread. We will keep this about those that are currently unsure about their money, car, parts, etc. If you want to discuss what has happened to HPF use the existing thread here -

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=985812

We're going to keep this about people who are owed stuff and what they should do. Your smart ass remarks are not needed or welcome. Just trying to prempt crap from happening and give anyone fair warning it won't be tolerated.

Good luck to all of those in a tough situation right now, I hope everything works out for you. Keep us in the loop about what is happening.

Tim

Grendelsbane 05-07-2013 04:32 PM

I ordered a E46 M3 Feramic Stage 2 Clutch Kit. I have already called my bank, but I have to wait 15 days or something to see if the kit shows up. If not, then I can dispute. This however, does not help me getting the clutch. Can someone confirm that the HPF clutch is a South Bend Clutch? I vaguely recall someone contacting the manufacturer directly and ordering it from them, but can't seem to find it ATM.

I would say the best course ATM would be to see about disputing the charges. Given the current situation, I don't know what an attorney would get you. If they are out of cash and their assets are secured then you would just be throwing good money after bad IMO.

nicholse46 05-07-2013 04:34 PM

I agree!.. Bank already said funds can't be reversed... I would be happy with just parts that my deposit covers so I can build a custom kit

lutzperformance 05-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grendelsbane (Post 15405266)
I ordered a E46 M3 Feramic Stage 2 Clutch Kit. I have already called my bank, but I have to wait 15 days or something to see if the kit shows up. If not, then I can dispute. This however, does not help me getting the clutch. Can someone confirm that the HPF clutch is a South Bend Clutch? I vaguely recall someone contacting the manufacturer directly and ordering it from them, but can't seem to find it ATM.

I would say the best course ATM would be to see about disputing the charges. Given the current situation, I don't know what an attorney would get you. If they are out of cash and their assets are secured then you would just be throwing good money after bad IMO.

Southbend does in fact make the clutches for HPF, unless they have changed manufactures recently, but I don't believe this is the case. We buy clutches direct from southbend as well as HPF.

Hope this helps.

-Andrew

Grendelsbane 05-07-2013 04:55 PM

^Thank you sir! I will email them directly about ordering the clutch.

InDiGlOM3 05-07-2013 06:52 PM

I ordered a Stoptech brake kit. HPF has 3,000 dollars, the order went thru optionauto which dont get paid until product is pretty much out the door which isnt scheduled until the 17th so they dont have there money its sitting at HPF.

nicholse46 05-07-2013 07:07 PM

What are you doing about it ?

InDiGlOM3 05-07-2013 08:53 PM

Shoot myself

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App

giofrem 05-07-2013 10:08 PM

Vince135i 05-08-2013 10:08 AM

The have an AEM EMS that was sent in just last week for a tune for a customer.

We had previously purchased a Stage 2+ HPF kit, that is now installed, but missing the EMS.

Basically they owe me an AEM EMS and a tune!

0-60motorsports 05-08-2013 10:11 AM

I ordered almost 4k worth of stuff two weeks ago and it was meant to ship out yesterday.

HPF 135i exhaust
HPF STG 2 Clutch
CLutch install kit
Snow performance meth tank
Snow Performance safe injection kit

Invoice # 241821.

Parts were at HPF before Chris came in and shut everything down without bothering to send out parts paid for and sitting at HPF. all he had to do was stay open a few days and call UPS to pick up the stuff. waiting for FORCEFEDM3 or KIRK to help before i file a claim

Steve///M 05-08-2013 10:23 AM

I have put $7500 down on a kit and had intentions of paying it off within the next month, I called my bank and was told that I might not be able to dispute the charges because the transations were completed so long ago. So leading up to now, I'm pulling hair out trying to figure out what I can do.

nicholse46 05-08-2013 10:28 AM

Does anyone have any solutions... i wish they would contact outstanding customers and give us an explanation or a refund or something !! At this point I would be happy to be contacted.

Grendelsbane 05-08-2013 11:09 AM

^So would I. I can deal with having to find my part again, but its the uncertainty that is killing me. I do all my transactions via credit card so there is recourse there, but if I order my clutch from Southbend...what if the HPF one actually arrives. Now I have two clutches when I only need one. I suppose I could wait, but I want my car up and running ASAP.

As for getting an official explanation or a refund, I can't think of any quick and efficient remedy if you paid directly via check, cash, or wire transfer. HPF's website is down. No one is answering their phone or answering their emails, which admittedly is understandable if everyone was told to go home. If you sued you would only have a breach of contract claim. Assuming you win, you would still have to go to the trouble of actually trying to get your remedy from a defunct company. Given the large uncertainty of getting any relief, it may just be a Pyrrhic victory at the end of the day.

giofrem 05-08-2013 12:36 PM

My engine ecu harness and 8500 dollars at HPF now i have a car without engine.

InDiGlOM3 05-08-2013 01:56 PM

Honestly thou I just filed a charge back with bank. they already tried to contact hpf via website. Phone. Facebook. No contact of course Bank said It shouldn't be a problem and ill get my money back. Just takes up to 45 days.

Pretty much was a paid for goods didn't recieve goods sort of claim thru MasterCard. Which is what my debit card is, I paid cash from account via card. Anyways they assured me ill get money back. Its same thing PayPal does.

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App

02PRUV 05-08-2013 02:00 PM

Damn I hate seeing these situations. This always scares me paying deposits and a company going broke before you get the product. That's why I always try to do these purchases with credit card so you are always protected.

Dreikraft 05-08-2013 02:55 PM

Thx for the info indigo ... I'll be calling my bank today.
I couldn't believe how fast my card was charged. I highly doubt I'll feel the same way getting it back

basar13 05-08-2013 04:10 PM

HPF also does owe me money but i cannot get in touch. Thank god its a small amount :(