E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Vicious attack/home invasion in my town.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=993898)

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 11:02 AM

Vicious attack/home invasion in my town....
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvvHMM6TF50

I live in a very safe town (people leave their Bentley's with the tops down type place) so this shook the town quite a bit. Stupid move assuming you're safe just because you live in a nice area...hopefully the people learned something from this event.

Video is pretty sad.
http://nj1015.com/shocking-footage-o...home-invasion/

choxor 06-25-2013 11:05 AM

Pretty goddamn infuriating.

casino is no lie 06-25-2013 11:07 AM

At least there is clear footage of the guy. Hopefully they catch him soon if not already.

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 11:09 AM

Yup. I don't agree with her actions though. If someone like that breaks into a house and just wants jewels, they would just tell you to sit down and STF U. Since he started beating her right away, she had no guarantees that she would make it out alive and if her daughter would be safe. While she got lucky that she made it out alive and her daughter was unscathed, nothing in that situation was under her control. If that was my wife, I'd want her to scream her brains out, and try to do whatever she can to fight back. Houses in Millburn are VERY close together so the guy might have been spooked away. Hindsight is 20/20, but I still think just taking a beating wasn't the right move.

BimmerIsMyName 06-25-2013 11:11 AM

It is New Jersey after all

that being said

still crazy to see that

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casino is no lie (Post 15526492)
At least there is clear footage of the guy. Hopefully they catch him soon if not already.

The funny thing is, Millburn (part of Short Hills Township) is one of the richest areas in the state, and is surrounded by some of the worst...Newark, Irvington, etc.

accolade 06-25-2013 11:19 AM

Two weeks ago, I had a guy around my house with a crowbar about 45 minutes after I left for work. He didn't break in, but speculation is that he was going to and something deterred him. I have 4 immediate neighbors that are home all day so that might have done it.

I had to make an argument over putting interior cameras in... Yeah they can't do anything to stop the attack, but it will give you positive ID if there is one. It will also aid in ID'ing someone that decides to break in.

I am also reminding my fiance to carry around the FOB for the security system for when I am not home just for moments like this. One press of the panic and the cops are silently notified that it's a panic situation.

It's really becoming pretty crappy out there no matter where you live. Seems like a nice neighborhood isn't secure anymore.

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accolade (Post 15526520)
Two weeks ago, I had a guy around my house with a crowbar about 45 minutes after I left for work. He didn't break in, but speculation is that he was going to and something deterred him. I have 4 immediate neighbors that are home all day so that might have done it.

I had to make an argument over putting interior cameras in... Yeah they can't do anything to stop the attack, but it will give you positive ID if there is one. It will also aid in ID'ing someone that decides to break in.

I am also reminding my fiance to carry around the FOB for the security system for when I am not home just for moments like this. One press of the panic and the cops are silently notified that it's a panic situation.

It's really becoming pretty crappy out there no matter where you live. Seems like a nice neighborhood isn't secure anymore.

Honestly, I'd get a weapon for protection when you are home, and for when you are not, the best weapon is a great insurance policy. If you want a deterrent, get a bunch of dummy domes and stick them all over the exterior of your house.

Mike Larry 06-25-2013 11:24 AM

always thought you were from long island for some reason op

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Larry (Post 15526532)
always thought you were from long island for some reason op

Im from Forest Hills queens. Then moved to Manhattan for a few years, then when I got married, I bounced out to Jersey.

Carskibum 06-25-2013 12:06 PM

Wow, always assumed you were from the ghetto.

Insane in millburn,

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 12:21 PM

Vicious attack/home invasion in my town....
 
:rofl: Why would you assume I'm from the ghetto?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

joeski3d 06-25-2013 01:01 PM

NFR, you're literally right down the road from me. We should beer some time.

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeski3d (Post 15526778)
NFR, you're literally right down the road from me. We should beer some time.

Anytime brother.:thumbsup: What town are you in?

joeski3d 06-25-2013 01:08 PM

Verona

VaderDave 06-25-2013 01:33 PM

Weird. I grew up in Summit for several years. I remember that it was mostly very nice but had a couple of less desirable neighborhoods (where one of my best friends lived, BTW).

NFRs2000nyc 06-25-2013 01:34 PM

Vicious attack/home invasion in my town....
 
Summit is for the most part a very nice area as well.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Cobra 06-25-2013 01:42 PM

videos\incidents like that make my blood boil. i hope that drain on society gets gunned down like the POS he is :censor:

Breezy 06-25-2013 02:03 PM

Dogs can help too..assuming its the right breed. My brother has two pitts, one can be downright vicious if provoked, my parents have a doberman puppy..that little fvcker is super territorial already.

choxor 06-25-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy (Post 15527001)
Dogs can help too..assuming its the right breed. My brother has two pitts, one can be downright vicious if provoked, my parents have a doberman puppy..that little fvcker is super territorial already.

Yup, dogs are definitely a good deterrent.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use