E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys - Please Participate! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   If you own/owed a 330, would you debadge it? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=995462)

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 10:15 PM

If you own/owed a 330, would you debadge it?
 
I feel like it's easier to debadge a 323, 325, or 328, but harder to debadge a 330. I by no means downplay the other models, but a 330 is like the coolest before you hit the M model (in my opinion at least). So, that being said, I like the debadged look, but feel like a 330 is something to be proud of. How do you feel? (BTW, there are certain individuals who I will state in advance that I couldn't care less where their opinion stands... you know who you are. So please go top off your antifreeze or something). So please participate in this poll and eloborate why you chose what you chose.
Thank You fellow car fanatical nutjobs,
A true fanatic... BeMyWhip

pic3 07-05-2013 10:19 PM

I know what you mean. I have seen it done, and I like the look I just can't bring myself to taking mine off just yet.

BANDIT1 07-05-2013 10:20 PM

If you own/owed a 330, would you debadge it?
 
I agree completely. I love the debadged look but can't bring myself to do it to my 330i. So I feel ya


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2000beamer 07-05-2013 10:21 PM

Whenever I see a debadged E46, I assume that it is a 323,325, or 328. 330's are few and far between, and that is why I wouldn't debadge a 330 if I owned one. It truly is a sacred car. However, I am really not a fan of the "debadged" look. Hence the "323i" proudly proclaimed from the rear of my E46.

Scooby24 07-05-2013 10:21 PM

I debadged mine...though don't really notice anymore. Its a clean badge and doesn't really look cleaner without.

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 10:27 PM

Yeah, see, you guys already gave me the gist of what I was looking for/felt.
I had a feeling I wasn't alone lol. I just can't bring myself to do it.
Now, with these responses, I really can't lol.

Stinger9 07-05-2013 10:31 PM

Usually abhor the look of all kinds of extra chrome added to a car, but the 330Ci emblem is tasteful and I've grown to want it on my car as part of maintaining the totally original look. I basically don't do anything to change the out side appearance of my car. And at this age, a well preserved mint car stands out as approaching classic status.

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000beamer (Post 15549837)
Whenever I see a debadged E46, I assume that it is a 323,325, or 328. 330's are few and far between, and that is why I wouldn't debadge a 330 if I owned one. It truly is a sacred car. However, I am really not a fan of the "debadged" look. Hence the "323i" proudly proclaimed from the rear of my E46.

Good for you lol. Hey nothing wrong with a 323.
True story... A 323 convertible is how I caught the BMW bug.
I fell in love with a 323 convertible, however, when I finally went back to buy it (after giving it much thought), about a few weeks later, it was all dented up (apparently the dealer used it as his transport lol). So, I said screw it, and my BMW hunt started.
I almost bought a white 2002 M3 (man I wish I did looking back), but I said to myself "go for a t least a 330 or you'll regret it or want something more". So true!

Rob43 07-05-2013 10:33 PM

I don't really care one way or another, But......


The reason I would De-badge a 330Ci/i would be to enjoy the look on the other guys face when I walk him in a quick little sprint. The other guy is thinking it must be a 323 or 325, but it's not.

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob43 (Post 15549855)
I don't really care one way or another, But......


The reason I would De-badge a 330Ci/i would be to enjoy the look on the other guys face when I walk him in a quick little sprint. The other guy is thinking it must be a 323 or 325, but it's not.

You just earned a few points in my book!:clap:

katu 07-05-2013 10:47 PM

Looks good with or without. I did debadge my 330 and was happy with the result.

2000beamer 07-05-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeMyWhip (Post 15549854)
Good for you lol. Hey nothing wrong with a 323.
True story... A 323 convertible is how I caught the BMW bug.
I fell in love with a 323 convertible, however, when I finally went back to buy it (after giving it much thought), about a few weeks later, it was all dented up (apparently the dealer used it as his transport lol). So, I said screw it, and my BMW hunt started.
I almost bought a white 2002 M3 (man I wish I did looking back), but I said to myself "go for a t least a 330 or you'll regret it or want something more". So true!

I've never driven any other E46, so I don't really know what I'm missing (it's probably better that way!) I have driven an E92 328 with M sports package, and I can definitely appreciate having the extra oomph when it is really necessary. But driving the a car with fewer horses is kinda fun! You get to push it harder more frequently. I'm only 16 years old, and I would love to someday own an M3 (either E36 or E46,) but for now I'm perfectly happy with my 323i!

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katu (Post 15549872)
Looks good with or without. I did debadge my 330 and was happy with the result.

ZHP to boot... nice! Can you say sleeper? :thumbsup:

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000beamer (Post 15549876)
I've never driven any other E46, so I don't really know what I'm missing (it's probably better that way!) I have driven an E92 328 with M sports package, and I can definitely appreciate having the extra oomph when it is really necessary. But driving the a car with fewer horses is kinda fun! You get to push it harder more frequently. I'm only 16 years old, and I would love to someday own an M3 (either E36 or E46,) but for now I'm perfectly happy with my 323i!

16? omg... enjoy life!
remember, cars are only part of life (o.k., a big part for fanatics lol).
But seriously, strive for success, and you'll own anything you desire!
seriously, stay in school, and make that your focus.
OMG, I sound like an old fart lol.
Concentrate on your life, set priorities, pay your dues, and the rest will follow.
Much props for being a young fanatic thought lol.
Tip of the day: don't waste your time talking cars to your girlfriends!
Good luck in life youthling! :thumbsup:

katu 07-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeMyWhip (Post 15549879)
ZHP to boot... nice! Can you say sleeper? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

TomTomTuning 07-05-2013 11:19 PM

I've been debating the same thing the past few days, since I got my car... LOL

Id like to de-badge it but at the same time it's a 330i!!! I kinda wish there was a ZHP badge though, I even tried to find a license plate frame but nada.. :(

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katu (Post 15549905)
Thanks!

46... that was my number when I played basketball as a kid!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomTomTuning (Post 15549910)
I've been debating the same thing the past few days, since I got my car... LOL

Id like to de-badge it but at the same time it's a 330i!!! I kinda wish there was a ZHP badge though, I even tried to find a license plate frame but nada.. :(

Nice looking car!
BTW... I think there is a point to be made, if your car looks aggressive (as yours does), is that more intimidating than a 330 badge?
huummm

2000beamer 07-05-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeMyWhip (Post 15549889)
16? omg... enjoy life!
remember, cars are only part of life (o.k., a big part for fanatics lol).
But seriously, strive for success, and you'll own anything you desire!
seriously, stay in school, and make that your focus.
OMG, I sound like an old fart lol.
Concentrate on your life, set priorities, pay your dues, and the rest will follow.
Much props for being a young fanatic thought lol.
Tip of the day: don't waste your time talking cars to your girlfriends!
Good luck in life youthling! :thumbsup:

Cars are a pretty big deal in my opinion, and I'm planning on owning BMW's my entire life. School's a given, as I'll certainly be attending a 4 year university. Then who knows what will happen! Thanks for your kind words.

VishTheFish 07-05-2013 11:28 PM

I too like the debadged look, but I like the badged look a bit better. I also see more debadged cars that are not 330's and 335's (for E90s) which I always found strange.

I really wish there was a ZHP badge, I'd love to rock that.

Hell, just the other day I was thinking of getting my license plate to say " E46 ZHP " but I thought it might be tacky.

BeMyWhip 07-05-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000beamer (Post 15549916)
Cars are a pretty big deal in my opinion, and I'm planning on owning BMW's my entire life. School's a given, as I'll certainly be attending a 4 year university. Then who knows what will happen! Thanks for your kind words.

They're not just words!
I truly mean it when I say/hope/wish that you success and reach your dreams. Think positive and you will do it! You can loose everything and anything in life, BUT, you can never loose your education! Again, Good luck!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use