E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=996777)

Radium 07-14-2013 02:38 PM

RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit
 
We recently released this product for the E46 BMW.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Assets/Pro...atchCanTop.jpg

The catch can kit utilizes Radium's current market-leading catch can and combines it with a special powder coated bracket, mounting hardware, and hoses/fittings. This results in quick and easy installation and a clean package.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/RadiumProd-7999.jpg

The oil level inside the catch can is easily checked with the included machined aluminum dipstick.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/...k-pull-out.jpg

The kit includes everything shown below as well as easy to follow installation instructions. It is compatible with all E46 chassis BMW models including the M3. It is not compatible with RHD vehicles. More information can be found on the product page HERE.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/BMW-CC-prod.jpg

dallasberry 07-14-2013 08:37 PM

Excellent work!

6spd_legend 07-14-2013 09:15 PM

group buy anyone?

BoostedZHP 07-15-2013 12:43 AM

Re: RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit
 
I have this my boosted 330i. If they still have the mesh screen. They dont work so well. So I had to use some SS choy boy...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using BimmerApp mobile app

Radium 07-15-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedZHP (Post 15570766)
mesh screen

Here is the stainless steel oil condensing media found in RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Cans.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Assets/productDESC/uccd.jpg

This allows the maximum amount of surface area for oil separating potential.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/...y-_DSC1505.jpg

Cheers!

BoostedZHP 07-15-2013 08:57 AM

Re: RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radium (Post 15570979)
Here is the stainless steel oil condensing media found in RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Cans.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Assets/productDESC/uccd.jpg

This allows the maximum amount of surface area for oil separating potential.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/...y-_DSC1505.jpg

Cheers!

Nice Upgrade

Sent from my Nexus 4 using BimmerApp mobile app

AndyN 07-15-2013 10:34 AM

What would be required to get this to fit RHD? Just a different mounting bracket???

Radium 07-15-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN (Post 15571199)
What would be required to get this to fit RHD? Just a different mounting bracket???

Correct. That "cubby" area is completely different on RHD vehicles.

AndyN 07-15-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radium (Post 15571219)
Correct. That "cubby" area is completely different on RHD vehicles.

But where there is a will there is a way... Mounting bracket shouldnt be a problem seeing as the quality of the kit looks so good.

AMG-ETR 07-15-2013 11:56 AM

Does this work for all boosted/NA applications?

Radium 07-15-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG-ETR (Post 15571376)
Does this work for all boosted/NA applications?

Absolutely. We supply 6ft of hose to fit all custom applications and recommend the cut-length for standard applications in the instruction manual.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/BMW-CC-prod.jpg

STORMER 07-17-2013 04:48 PM

RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit
 
Anything e36 fitment?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

being3 07-17-2013 10:04 PM

RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radium (Post 15569708)
We recently released this product for the E46 BMW.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Assets/Pro...atchCanTop.jpg

The catch can kit utilizes Radium's current market-leading catch can and combines it with a special powder coated bracket, mounting hardware, and hoses/fittings. This results in quick and easy installation and a clean package.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/RadiumProd-7999.jpg

The oil level inside the catch can is easily checked with the included machined aluminum dipstick.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/...k-pull-out.jpg

The kit includes everything shown below as well as easy to follow installation instructions. It is compatible with all E46 chassis BMW models including the M3. It is not compatible with RHD vehicles. More information can be found on the product page HERE.

http://radiumauto.com/admin/uploads/BMW-CC-prod.jpg

What makes this different than other catch cans? For example the s54 has a oil separator and from my experience remote catch cans because of metal canister is cooler than the motor creating condensation and collects in the catch can and not much oil.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Radium 07-18-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by being3 (Post 15578924)
What makes this different than other catch cans?

Most catch cans do not include oil separating media which condenses and causes a phase change from vapor to oil.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Assets/productDESC/uccd8.jpg

It can also be easily unscrewed and/or drained from the auxiliary bottom port using the optional petcock drain kit.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Assets/productDESC/uccd3.jpg

Lastly, the oil level can be monitored quickly with the integrated billet aluminum dipstick.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Assets/productDESC/uccd2.jpg

0-60motorsports 07-18-2013 02:54 AM

I love my Radium OCC. Excellent quality and customer service.

MisterM 07-18-2013 08:52 AM

Just ordered my OCC kit from Radium. I blame Norm and Ejaz for showing off their engine bays.

0-60motorsports 07-18-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterM (Post 15579690)
Just ordered my OCC kit from Radium. I blame Norm and Ejaz for showing off their engine bays.

hehehe your gonna love it

BoostedZHP 07-18-2013 11:11 AM

Re: RADIUM Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0-60motorsports (Post 15579694)
hehehe your gonna love it

Pics installed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using BimmerApp mobile app

0-60motorsports 07-18-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedZHP (Post 15580069)
Pics installed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using BimmerApp mobile app

Here you go bud:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...061&highlight=

MisterM 07-18-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0-60motorsports (Post 15580165)

Still looks great Ejaz!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use