View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
KriTiKaL AspecT

My Ride: 2001 AW 330Ci
Very good thread I enjoy seeing these topics are more prevelant these days.

400 hp is great and I would be fine with just 350 coming from a well balenced turbo setup. Another issue with this increase is the lack of driveline reinforcement found on a stock 330 (subframe). However I do agree that the m54b30 is a very well built engine.

My main problem with fi on e46's is the exploitation seen in tuning. The chasis is now 10 years old and still there is no means of legitimate tuning offered to the knowledgeable masses for our cars na or fi. Some may claim the responsibility aspect but this hasn't been a issue with... Let's name them honda, mazda, nissan, gm, ford, toyota, vw and many more. I believe it is the dollar and the tolerant nature I see in the "tuning" circle that we have had in the past. However I have been noticing that recently there is an increasing amount of people on a quest to find a economical and realistic solution for custom tuning and fi for our cars. I only wish I had more time to give to those who are putting forth effort to make this possible and explore the custom fi possibilities of the 330.

Headers - KW V2 - Hotchkis Sways - 55w 6000k HID - 35w 6000k HID fogs
EVO 3 SSK mit ein DSSR - EE Tails - Meyle LCA, FCAB, & RTAB w/ Rogue Limiters - M3 Mounts ....

-Paul   BSME           
ASME & SAE Member

KriTiKaL AspecT is offline   Reply With Quote