View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #117
Attaus

My Ride: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
I think it was totally worth it. Especially when I pulled a 5th gen stage 2 AA SC e46 M3. Granted, by pulled, I'm talking inches, we hung together every run. I don't know how much power I was making, but it was elevated boost with meth. Since then, my meth controller caught fire, I replaced it, it messed with the MAF output, when they give me a refund I'll tell which controller not to buy. But the SC stageII from Active is hardly stock, and the M3 is a performance car. And the TT kit is only $6900.
Nice man I'm glad you like it. But in your sig it looks like you only gained .3 seconds off the 1/4 mile? You might want to swap that cam for a boost profile.. something with no overlap will increase your gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritos530i View Post
Ok, first off, how long the oil lines are have nothing to do with anything. The pressure in BMW oil systems is so high it makes no difference. Besides with turbos you need very little oil to keep them cooled.
I understand that the exhaust gases may not be as hot as it would be when exiting the head as appose to in the rear of the car. Still doesn't justify how much energy you need to make a turbo spool which this has more to do with the turbine wheel than anything else and a real rear mounted turbo are configured for this exact purpose. You can't take just any turbo and stick it in the back and think it's going to give you the same results. I could have had my turbo configured to spool just like any front mounted system. I have this high powerful nitrous system and don't see the point with the early spool.
As for the size, Sorry but you are wrong again, I have the smallest turbo that STS makes and it's rated at over 600+bhp which is not a small turbo at all. Small turbos are 300-450rwhp max.
It goes even smaller than that.. T25's are rated at 230whp or so, and there are even T1's and T2's.. 600hp, like you said, is a moderate to large sized turbo.

How's the noise from the rear-mounted kit? It always seemed that under spool the STS kit's were reaaaaally loud.

'03 330Ci 5spd PP
Alpine Type R, MRP 500
Attaus is offline   Reply With Quote