View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
UK_JC

My Ride: 330i Sport
eMirror DIY with pics and Vid

Ok i purchased this module for my car a few months back and got sent the wrong one and had to return it for a e46 instead of a e39 module, I recieved it today and fitted it.
Overall time taken: 30 mins
Difficulty: medium

Ok 1st I got the kit out the jiffy envelope and read instructions

Then I got some tools (screwdrivers, pliers, cutters,) and went out to the car

1st remove glove box by opening it and removing 6 screws, 3 along front edge and 2 behind the straps that hold it from dropping down and 1 on bottom of glove box underside

When I had removed glovebox and dropped it down to bottom of the footwell I could see all this

I then had to remove the middle plug on the main module pictures here with red arrow

Disconnected the plug and removed its casing by sliding a small screwdriver down into its clip

seperated clip into two sides, both sides had numbers showing pin number for each side

I then installed the supplied clips onto 3 wires as follows

Pin 10 brown/black cable
Pin 47 red/violet cable
Pin 9 white/red/yellow cable

I then plugged in the 3 cables from the module into the clips
brown on module = brown/black
red on module = red/violet
white on module = white/red/yellow

I then reassembled plug and connected it back where it came from

I had a sneaky look at whats inside the module and found one side just has a chip and the other has various resistors and diodes looks a bit complicated but I guess could be copied

Quaife LSD ATB Diff : 19" CSL Reps : Black Kidney Grills : M3 Front Bumper : Xenoflo HID kit 6k
Cross Drilled Discs with Ultimate Pads : Smoked Front And Sides : Cosmos CAI kit : Xenon Interior Bulbs
TMS Adjustable Rear Camber Arms : M Style Weighted Short Shift Knob : Shadow 330i Emblems
M3 Autofold Mirrors : CNL remap : Emirror Module : OEM Bluetooth retrofitted
UK_JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.