View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
jhk2bmw

My Ride: 2002 E46
I installed them about 3-4 weeks ago and love them. Night and day difference over OEM, but I had the sport package to begin with and prefer a tighter/stiffer feel. All but eliminated annoying tramlining effect I was having on the freeways too (thought I had bad set of tires). After my DIY experience, I suspect that a lot of people are not installing them properly. Admittedly, the instructions you get from PFlex are too vague. The lubed bushing actually "snaps" into the carrier for proper fitment, although if you didn't know better, it appears as though it's engineered to just slide in to the carrier since the front side of the carrier has a recessed lip about the same size as the top lip of the bushing. I basically figured this out by accident after removing and re-intalling the greased bushing into the carrier about 10 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't fit. For some reason the tenth time I stepped on it on a padded surface and it magically poped all the way in. You can't pop it in by hand, need to step on it or use a rubber mallet. Hope this helps someone.
jhk2bmw is offline   Reply With Quote