View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #45
patdosa

My Ride: 2002 330i SportPackg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickljc View Post
I done this job by my own at 100000mile on my 2003 330ci, it was a pain when you take out the oil pan replace oil filter, it will drip also when you refill the oil need keep engine running and at the very end the oil will spill out. And if you purchase from Palican wach out the fill plug, the plug was come with filter it is a package BUT LET ME TELL YOU, FOR MY CAR THE PLUG DOES NOT FIT . when I finished try to put on the new fill plug then I was stock over there , end up I use the old one , I call Palican they just say it come with this way from manufacture.
now after 3000mile every thing is fine~~~for your information
oil - Bavarian auto
filter set - Palican
Btw, I had to comment on this.

I also bought a filter kit that includes two plugs (manufactured by ZF). I naturally assumed that one was a drain plug, and the other a fill plug. Wrong!When I attempted to screw on what I thought was the fill plug, discovered that it had a smaller diameter than the fill hole.

Long story short, the ZF filter kit provides 2 types of drain plugs, AND NO FILL PLUG. The 2 drain plugs is to accommodate different models. So you use the one that fits, and toss the other. The really frustrating thing was that no instructions were included... so I thought i had made a mistake and went searching the entire tranny to see if there was a different fill port. live and learn.
patdosa is offline   Reply With Quote