View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #39
JCz04Bimmer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci & 06 Z4MC
Send a message via AIM to JCz04Bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I have to ask, because I've not seen such before, why the two-tone paint? Is that a stock paint option or did you have that done?
I wouldn't exactly call it two-tone! I think of a gaudy old Cadillac with white-wall tires when I hear two-town. I also think many can attest to how awesome of a color Silver Gray is. It has a fantastic metallic flake to it that pops when it's clean and it hides dirt better than any color out there. Plus, it's not the ordinary silver (Titanium Silver). I agree, that "color" is entirely too common and so boring.

In any event, the roof was painted Sapphire Black which is a factory-available BMW color by a certified BMW body shop. I did this to give the car a more unique and sporty appearance. Mercedes paints the roof black on many of their sport-package equipped cars. Quite a few people on this forum have done this as well sometimes using vinyl instead of paint. I decided to go with Sapphire Black because it is a truly black metallic paint without any color to it and makes the primary Silver Gray color of the car really pop.

Last edited by JCz04Bimmer; 06-16-2009 at 02:29 PM.
JCz04Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote