OK, so I got this figured out and here are the steps for E46 Sedan equipped with BT.
Before you start remove everything from the trunk, that includes the trunk mat and the spare wheel cover, then proceed further.
1. Remove left taillight cover and put it on the side
2. Unscrew and remove top, left plastic nut from the back cushion (there is two pieces there, screw and plastic mounting plate so don't loose it)
3. Pull out plastic pin with flat nose screwdriver or long nose pliers.
4. The same as number 3
5. Pull the cushion up
6. Pull the cushion away
Your TCU is sitting on the top of the plastic shelf.
You can easily read PK (Pass Key) code from the sticker.
To synch. your phone with BMW BT.
1. Make sure your phone is discoverable
2. Start your car
3. Search for devices using your phone
4. You will find BMW audio device, connect to it
5. Type in the PK you found on your TCU sticker located in the trunk
Last edited by lucas_pln; 06-17-2009 at 09:45 AM.