Thread: South Carolina
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #33
DarkSideDE

My Ride: 330i
tig - in SC when you get a car - new or used - the sales tax is a maximum of $300. Then you must go to the tax office and pay your "registration" or "owner's" fee - depending on the car, they look at their book and let you know. My 2003 330i was $165 this year. A Porsche from 1989 or older can be $15 per year. But a brand new GT3 - well, you are looking at more than a $1000. I don't really think it is that bad - better than paying out almost 10% in taxes at time of purchase.

Motor Vehicles - not expensive at all. Last time I paid it was $35 and I can't remember what that was for. Once you pay at the tax office you are mailed your license plate "year" vinyl to put on your license plate and sent a one year registration to carry in your wallet.

And for those of you that are in the Hilton Head area - for Saturday morning, July 4th - please come on out and hang with the car guys. We are calling it Auto Addicts - or an AA Meet (yeah, we try for humor) -- at Pineland Station Mall - 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. -- hope to see you there.
DarkSideDE is offline   Reply With Quote