View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
nickr519

My Ride: ZX-10R, Ram 2500
Update.

Heres the latest email I received from him, after asking if someone could come look at the car.

Hello,
I would be glad to meet with you but my job is not offering me this chance..Because of my job I am traveling a lot and I can not stay home and expect to meet potential client.That is why I've choose the internet way to sell it.
If we decide to proceed with this transaction,i will have to contact ebay and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.
I will be needing your full name and address for that.You will receive a notification from ebay shortly after that,with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money to an eBay Bank account.They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition.
As soon as i will have the confirmation from ebay that the funds have been deposited to their account, i will immediately start the shipping process. The car will be delivered to your address in no more than 5-6 working days.You will be given a 5 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home. If you decide to hold the car, then you will have to authorize ebay to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed.If you will not be satisfied with the car, you will be able to send the car back through the same shipping company on my expence and your money will be return to you.Though i am sure you will love the car and will not want to return it.The car will be shipped crated by DAS Auto Shippers, this is a door to door delivery service not coast to coast so the car will arrive at your address, you won't have to worry about picking it up from a dock.I will send the car with all the papers and documents(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual).The clear title and the bill of sale will both be signed and they will be shipped together with the car.Also this car will arrive with all the documentations required for registration and 2x keys.If you wish to proceed with the purchase,please provide me your full name and shipping address so I can initiate the deal through ebay right away.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards

This just continues to confuse me. I'm beginning to wonder if this eBay money holding thing he's talking about is actually legitimate. If it is, its almost like why wouldn't I buy it and in worst case scenario just back out like he described? But certainly this isn't the case. Its also worth mentioning that I'm pretty sure the ad is pulled from craigslist.
nickr519 is offline   Reply With Quote