Thread: Blower Fan DIY
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #72
refill

My Ride: 2000 323 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgodel View Post

- Pelican Parts lists the replacement as $390 but it is not in stock... the equivalent replacement from ACM is $180 but I can't speak to its quality because...

- I only had five days to get this done before relatives came to visit so I bought from the dealer. The genuine Bosch is $490!!! But, it DOES have removable fan blades via squeeze clip. This simple feature made dropping the new blower in a 10 minute effort. You can remove the black blade assembly and then snap it back on once the rest of the motor + green blades are in.

I hope this lasts! Very expensive fix so we'll see.

--Trip
I searched on getbmwparts.com for part no. 64118372797 and it said it was superceded by 64113453729 and it only costs $104. getbmwparts is part of Tischer BMW, so they should only sell OEM BMW parts and not aftermarket. Why is the blower so cheap?? Does anyone know if the Tischer blower does not come with removable fins? Is it Bosch brand?

On another note, I have the Bentley E46 service manual and read over the the A/C blower replacement section many times. The manual makes it seem very easy: a simple drop-in procedure, and I quote:

"Pry off blower motor retaining strap.

- Pull blower motor forward to remove."

They don't mention about having to go sideways, or remove fins before placing in. Perhaps the Bentley manual missed a nuance of the procedure.
refill is offline   Reply With Quote