ZHP exhaust on a 323iT, cat-back?
So I am going to pick up a ZHP exhaust, just the muffler section. I have a few options:
1) Just weld muffler on after 2nd resonator (I'd need a Y pipe cause I have a single 2.5 inch mid pipe). This would be the easiest, cost the least, but be the least effective
2) After 1st resonator, build 2 1.5 inch mid pipes made of stainless back to the ZHP exhaust (which on stock ZHP requires 2x 1.5 inch pipes)
3) Custom stainless exhaust from cats back (most expensive, most effective)
I am looking for a deeper sound, without anything too loud or aftermarket. It would be nice if I could pick up some hp along the way.
1) ZHP exhausts are stainless correct?
2) Do I have to go with stainless for my mid pipes? (I know it would be best?)
3) I've heard rumors that if I dont do cat-back I could lose some low-end torque?