View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Playtime with X6 Hybrid

So I was driving home from work and I spotted a red X6...no bigs. When I got closer, I noticed that the badges were covered in a black tape...all around the car. I thought, "humm thats odd."

Before we really started driving hard, I did see that it had a pretty sizable hood bulge- and for a few seconds thought it might be an X6M. Needless to say, it wasn't, but it certainly wasn't a normal X6.

Then the X6 started really pushing it- and we were on a twisty road. I disengaged my traction control and proceeded to play follow the leader. I failed miserably. The thing was soo f'ing fast. He out-cornered me, clearly out-accelerated me, and generally put me to shame.

At the next light I pulled up to him and noticed a small "Hybrid" sticker on the side. I rolled down my window and talked to the guy driving. Apparently it was a Test vehicle from South Carolina (but the plate said North Carolina!?!). It was for sure a 400hp X6 Hybrid. (Another odd thing is that this was in Cincinnati OH- I know of no BMW facilities here). The guy had a HUGE smile on his face. I wish I could have chatted with him more- but when the light turned green he really stepped on it (great soundtrack), and I never caught up again!!

Very fast, super sexy, and now I have A LOT more respect for them after running with him through the twisties. Shame I didn't have my camera

What do you guys think of the new X6 Hybrids? Twin Turbo V8 and decent MPG...

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT

Last edited by TiAgTouring; 08-25-2009 at 09:45 PM.
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.