My Ride: zhp 6sp, 528iA sp
Dr.ColorChip review with before and after photos

Pro:
  • Easy to apply
  • Relatively cheap
  • It works, it met my expectation

Con:
  • Time!

After reading all the Dr.CC threads in this forum I figure it wouldn't hurt to give it a try since more than 90% of the customers had positive feedback. However most of the threads didn't have any before/after photos so I was still a little skeptical.

Now I'm a firm believer for this product....

It came with 2 other brushes (total 3) I only used the smallest one

My hood and front bumper looks like an old guy that had forgotten to shave, it's got white specs everywhere from pebbles, sand, rocks, you name it... It was the perfect candidate to do the soak T-shirt method, however I thought the slow method (hand dot each and every spec) would have a better outcome.

Beside I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't want to waste paint...

For this review I will only show the passenger side of the hood right above the front headlights and small section around the grill:

Using the method Dr.CC suggested: paint then smear -this helps the paint dry (also it helps to eliminate a haze on clear coat if left alone to dry)

Using the SealAct to remove excessive paint

After a light buffed with the yellow fiber towel that was included - I know you can still see some white specs...it was sorta quick job

This took about 1hr 15 mins and was the first past...I'll probably do it again or just move onto the bumper tomorrow. I'm not sure if the camera captured all the effects, sorry I didn't use my DSLR got lazy and used the wifey's point and shoot.

I'm satify with the outcome!

Feel free to ask any questions...

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.