View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 AM   #49
Estoril-E46

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEMX-M3 View Post
Hard to understand why there could be any issue with "new" oil. I will have to read up on this. If the oil performs at peak efficiency between 3,000 - 8,000 miles (example) why not ask Castrol to burn the first 3,000 miles before they bottle it?

I'm just say'n
Oh didn't agree there would be an issue with new oil, I think the opposite and the tests being cited are pretty poor and should not be compared with our cars. The one link was about fleet vehicles which are pretty much the exact opposite of a hard driven performance car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjimi View Post
Blackstone Laboratories according to another poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjimi View Post
That may be so but it doesn't jive w/what I read on those threads about it. I'm not arguing...just seeking knowledge. What you are saying needs a little more explanation.
I'm saying blackstone does not provide test results like what that "study" is claiming to find. Blackstone simply tells you the amount of various elements in your oil. Like lots lead/copper/aluminum and your bearings are probably being eaten for some reason. They also give a good indication of fuel dilution and flashpoint which are good indicators of various possible issues.

The best they give as a lubrication test is a measure of viscosity.

www.Precision-Sport.com
Estoril-E46 is offline   Reply With Quote