View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #33
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
At this point, the engagement feels pretty normal.

Before everything was shipped off to CM, the engagement point was completely down at the floor. When disengaging the clutch, pedal resistance was constant and stiff all the way to the floor. With most clutches I've driven, pedal effort typically eases up just a bit once you reach a certain point but it never seemed to reach that point. The behavior seemed in line with the clutch not fully disengaging due to lack of travel resulting from an incorrect fulcrum point.

Now, even though the pedal effort is really light forcing me to really pay attention to feel what's going on, it seems to reach that break point where the pedal effort eases up a bit just prior to reaching full travel. It still just seems really odd to me that this problem only occurs at the very top of 2nd gear and never with shifts below 5-6k rpm.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote