E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc.

343K views 385 replies 83 participants last post by  Don Nguyen 
#1 ·
I get people asking me the what a gloss black roof versus a matte black roof looks like all the time, so I will start out with two almost identical E90s I did this weekend. The first one went with a gloss black finish, while the second one went with a matte black finish. It'll give you guys a good idea of how the two compare/contrast.

Gloss black:

Matte black:

If you guys are looking for any vinyl materials to cover your roof, window trim, etc, shoot me a PM with what you need or post up any questions you might have.

-Don

See less See more
#37 ·
No, satin black is horrible. It's in the middle of the road, and it's just no good. Some people also use a "flat" black versus a matte black finish, which also results in a horrible finish/look imo. Flat black absorbs too much white light that causes it to look washed out and grey-ish versus black. Matte black has more of a sheen to it, which helps preserve that nice black finish, imo.

I'll try to find a picture of a satin black to show you what I mean.

-Don

#55 ·
I got a question...
I have no friends...do you think this is something 1 person can do? also is it easier if you leave the sunroof close or opened when putting the vinyl...I did my window trim and its was a fun experience...Im looking forward to doing my roof

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.