View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
DrkSide_RbL

My Ride: 99' 328i Sport Sedan
Send a message via AIM to DrkSide_RbL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooper View Post
I have been having the same problem with my 323 since i installed the AA SC. I still have the problem after i changed the MAF and DISA valve. Most likely problem (from my search and inquiries here in this forum) vacuum leak, throttle body, cam position sensor, pedal position sensor, ignition coil and cables, battery, MAF, DISA valve or sending unit. Let me know how it works out for you since im having the same dilemma too. Good luck to us
One thing i didn't mention is that this car used to have a SC!!! but it was taken out 25k miles ago and it didn't have this problem until now. What is the DISA valve or sending unit? from what i researched only the M3's have pedal position sensors? The dealer told me there is only one throttle sensor located in the housing of the throttle body which means you would have to buy the whole throttle body at $600 if that were the problem

I've changed the MAF, ripped air boot (air leak), cam & exhaust position sensors, new optima battery, spark plugs, and i noticed one of the ignition coils was changed at some point from previous owner.

But like i said i only started having this problem after i had changed all these parts 5k miles after and these throttle codes are new. I'm pretty sure its the throttle sticking b/c when i cleaned it out the first time the codes went away. I am going to try a second time cleaning it today!

Last edited by DrkSide_RbL; 10-11-2009 at 01:08 PM.
DrkSide_RbL is offline   Reply With Quote