View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
E46 S54B32

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
with enough resources, yes, he can, with just a turbo, no nitrous

m50tub25 and m52 have made that much crank hp without an issue. A stock m52 with a .140 hg and studs has proven to hold more than 700whp.

With epic head porting, sweet cams, it'll be easier.

David's car is pushing more boost than that...
Also keep in mind that turbo low end and midrange is awesome, after spool. Now, the pectel tuning for e46 m52tu, I think is very pioneering.

Keep in mind that not all drag strips are the same and there's a lot of launching error, etc. David would manage much better quarter times with better tires and an lsd. He more importantly trapped 112mph. Let's more closely keep track of trap speed while talking FI or e46 or e36... as these cars don't launch- and trap speed is a better tell of output.

I support the idea of keeping boost low until getting a built motor, especially if there's any chance your current motor isn't the healthiest critter. I boosted high on stock internals, like so many others, most only do with hgs. At one point, due to a faulty meth controller, in absolute failure (that was backfeeding the MAF) i saw horrifying AFRs... but somehow, and I credit Nick's tuning- I still had a motor. 15.4afr@12psi@6600rpm...somehow my motor survived that

But months later my motor failed, so far in dissection of the beast, I have found a broken chain guide, I think that probably contributed to things. The head is still on, we'll see what's underneath.
really?? i went last week to active and davids car was there and hes like yea hes boosting 12 psi damn but more than 12 psi on a motor with 212k miles is crazy...goes to show you how strong our engines really are...

-oem m3 front -oem m3 hood -oem m3 sideskirts-conforti intake -h&r race springs -TR Motorsport C2's -smoked corners/sidemarkers -smoked LED tails-CF CSL trunk-Black roof vinyl
E46 S54B32 is offline   Reply With Quote