View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #34
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Final Update

All problems have been resolved. No binding, no vibration, nothing but smooth shifting! Unfortunately, I had to give up on the CM clutch and return to stock.

Still don't have a complete understanding of why the CM unit wouldn't fully disengage but at this point I am beyond caring. Since I first took the car in for the clutch & flywheel replacement, I've had 3 different CM clutches in the car - all of which had problems. All 3 had engagement/disengagement issues. The first was substantially out of balance and the 3rd also had some minor vibration < 2k rpm.

I've heard nothing but good things about the CM clutches in the past, so I have to admit to being a little surprised with all these problems. CM never left me hanging, they were always willing to seek a resolution to these problems but unfortunately after 3 attempts we weren't any closer to making it work - even after shipping them my transmission, clutch, and flywheel for analysis. Hopefully they will get this ironed out in the future but in the mean time, I'm afraid I can't recommend a CM clutch for the non-M 6-spd.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote