View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #36
Luky

My Ride: '08 335i RIP'03 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianjsr View Post
Thread revival.

I need to replace these rubber mounts. Good idea you had there Luky. I like the home depot rubber mount improvisation. Is this working out? sometimes the labor and time involved to go after a project like this does not pay off...I know Pelican parts has them on for sale, a quick trip to the depot and problem solved...if it works.

Yep, my home made mounts are still working fine. This was a very quick fix (if you have a box end wrench, razor knife and lock-tite). The new vacuum line fixed the CEL issue. I have not had any issues with this since my fix. For the quick trip to Home Depot, the $2, and knowing that you did it yourself, it is worth it!

Tranny is still fine with the Castrol Import Multi-vehicle ATF too (about 20k miles on the fluid now). I also just replaced my windshield wipers with PIAA silicone wiper blade assemblies. They have the air foil piece on both wiper arms and were about half ($22) of what BMW wanted for new stock wipers. The silicone acts like the rain-x on your windshield. Usually there is not much rain here in San Diego but we did see some light rain last week and the blades worked great at 80mph.

Don't pay the high Stealership price (unless you have to or can afford to help make someone else rich).

Luky

Last edited by Luky; 10-26-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Luky is offline   Reply With Quote