View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #4
Lobo

My Ride: 330Cic
Quote:
never heard of em...if you find em..post up the info though!
Okay, I got some more information from the people at speedbleeder.com. Speedbleeders are available for BMWs. Even though they don't show a cross reference between the stock bleeder valve and the speed bleeder valve on their web page, they were able to give me the part numbers for use on my cars. I recommend that anyone who is interested send them an email for the right cross reference part number.

A speed bleeder is explained on their web site, but by way of a simple explanation, they are one way bleeder valves. You loosen a speed bleeder at the brake you want to bleed, and attach a hose to the valve to bleed the brake fluid through. You can drain the fluid into a jar or a bleeder bag (kind of like an IV bag).

To bleed the brakes, you just step on the brake pedal and then release the brake pedal. Brake fluid goes out, but it does not go back in, and no air can get sucked back in either. You don't need a second person to watch the hose. You don't need to turn the valve off or squeeze the hose before you release the brake pedal. It can be done by a single person without any special tools.

When you are done with bleeding one brake, you close off the valve (1/2 turn) and repeat at the next valve.

The details of bleeding are only a little more complicated than that. (Make sure the fluid reservoir doesn't run dry while pumping out, bleed each brake in the right order.) Installing the bleeder valves is easy, if you can get to the original bleeder valves. I haven't done this on the BMW, but I'm sure that it will have to be up on stands, or higher, to get access. Or maybe you can get to each one by removing the wheel. I did this on my Suburban, which I can easily crawl under.

*** Our Rides
2004 Jet Black 330CiC
1999 Bright Red 323i
2004 Jet Black Chevy Suburban

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote