View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
My Ride: 2004 M3
Originally Posted by CHFBrian View Post
The DSP button does still work, and it seems to work exactly as before - making the sound field mroe "concentrated" for lac of a better word.

The Alpine unit has built-in bass and trebls controls that work well. It also has the ability to set bass and trebl control frequencies, a feature I havent played much with yet. So far the sound is very good. Radio is as good or better than before, and the ipod sound fantastic.

That said, I could never get a huge amount of clear bass before, and i still can't. Turn it up a ways and you can hear it start to fart. A new sub or a whole new amp/speaker setup will really be needed for that. But for me, this sounds great.

Awesome. I've been stuck in the middle as far as sticking with a stock unit and adding iPod through the aux.. Since your review, and for a few $$ more, it only makes sense to get better sound and more functionality. I will be doing the same route later....piece by piece replacing the stock speakers and installing amps and subs but this sounds like a good start!

Did you have to pay extra for the iPod cable or did it come with it, also where did you route your cable? Thanks!
2004 JB
KWv2, Spacers 15/F-10/R, MVR Rep, Alpine IDA-X305 w/ KCE-BT400 Bluetooth,
Agency Power Exhaust, Khoalty AE's
bombguy is offline   Reply With Quote